IGNORED

Rear shock installed

Eck

Well, I found me a brand new 2014 rear shock with actuator with zero miles on it for $100.00

That is one heck of a deal..

Got the old shock out and new one in, and the bike is all back together. Took her for a test ride (about 25 miles) and wow what a difference..

Here are a few picks of how it went.

Its really not that hard at all.. Just time consuming.

I'm old school and like to open a couple card tables before I begin, and as I remove the items, I lay it out on the tables as I take it apart. Re-assembly comes easy..and no left over bolts make it a plus...

I rounded off the lower shock bolt because I was stupid. I had a 12 point socket and should have waited till the next day so I could go purchase a 6 point. But no, not me..

After I rounded the nut off on bottom shock bolt. I quit, took a shower and went to bed.

This morning I got up under the bike with a propane torch and heated the nut up real hot, then grabbed it with a pair of vice grips, ran around to other side of bike and used a socket and ratchet on the head of the bolt and Wha-Lah the nut broke loose. I went up the road and got another bolt and nut for $1.16 and reassembly went as planned with out a glitch.

Found out the lower shock bolt nut has "red lock-tight" on it from factory, and require heat to break it loose.. I re-installed new bolt and new nut with blue lock-tight...

Well, I found me a brand new 2014 rear shock with actuator with zero miles on it for $100.00

That is one heck of a deal..

Got the old shock out and new one in, and the bike is all back together. Took her for a test ride (about 25 miles) and wow what a difference..

Here are a few picks of how it went.

Nice deal for sure!

Hey....tell me about those hand grips.

Bob

Nice deal for sure!

Hey....tell me about those hand grips.

Bob

Just something I came up with.

I call the my "Eck-Stend-A-Grips"...pardon the pun...

Use them for interstate riding only..They extend the grip length 9 inches and are adjustable 180 degrees..

Had those mounted on my 05 RSV.. until I wrecked it...(see attached pic.)