IGNORED

How much to ask?

Ventureless

I am thinking about selling my 99 RSV. Thinking about buying a new one and starting all over again. I know the cost of buying new will far exceed the cost of continual small repairs to the 99, but I have no time for all the repairs. It would be nice to have it warrantied and have someone else working on it other than oil changes and such if anything goes wrong. There are a couple left over new ones within 100 miles from me that I have been eyeing.

So my question is what should I be asking for the 99? It has roughly 75K miles. Runs well. Does now within the last couple days need front wheel bearings. I have them ordered and will change them when the parts come in. Other than that, it runs and rides great. Brand new Shinko on the rear. New Avon Venom rear in the basement to go with it also. Pirelli up front still has tread. Not sure how many miles left, but should be quite a few. Vented windsheild. Also a cut down non vented windsheild. Trunk has been removed and luggage rack on it. Custom quick on/off passenger backrest made from trunk backrest. Still have all items to reinstall trunk. Newly installed Harley mufflers. Trailer hitch. Trailer to go with it. Extra set of carbs. LED driving lights. Corbin seat. Hagon rear shock. Sure there is more. So what price should I be listing it for? I will need the money for down payment on new one.

It depends on how quickly you want to sell the bike. If you want to sell it quick - I would start at 4500. I almost bought a 2000 RSV last week for $4000 with half the miles of yours. What is your trailer worth? You need to sell it to a Hawkeye fan!!! Some people don't want a custom painted bike - others do. Some might want the truck instead of the rack. What will your dealer give you on trade? In Iowa - we don't have to pay sales tax on our trade in value. Something to consider!!! Good luck - looks like a nice ride!!!

It depends on how quickly you want to sell the bike. If you want to sell it quick - I would start at 4500. I almost bought a 2000 RSV last week for $4000 with half the miles of yours. What is your trailer worth? You need to sell it to a Hawkeye fan!!! Some people don't want a custom painted bike - others do. Some might want the truck instead of the rack. What will your dealer give you on trade? In Iowa - we don't have to pay sales tax on our trade in value. Something to consider!!! Good luck - looks like a nice ride!!!

I gotta agree with Godlover,, at least around here (our economy has been in the tank for a good while).. I also had the same thought about seeing what trade in value is.. Ya never know,, you might do better using it as trade fodder than selling outright.. Nice that you already have a price on the new one so that cant jack it up cause of a trade in.. Worth a try..

If you sell it outright and have to run an ad, trick is to not overprice it at the beginning cause it seems (just my opinion) that the its the first round at having it up for sale that is your best shot selling.. If its to high and than you change your ad bringing down the price some people have already lost interest..

About the trailer,, hmmmmmmmm,, no idea,, never bought/sold one,,, gotta be someone on here that knows of xtra value that adds.. I know one thing,, if its one of those "tent camper" deals like Dana and Missy had at Vogel last year (WOW) I can see that puppy adding at least 3000 bucks (probably more)....

I had a customer once who turned down a Voyager I had for sale cause it had a hitch on it.. Told me,,, "worst thing you can do to a bikes drive train is to pull a trailer with it".. Next guy bought it cause he LOVED the fact that it had a hitch.. :rotf::rotf:

Crazy world out there!! Good luck with the sale of your bike Bumble Bee and CONGRATS on the new one!!!!!!

And go figure,, JUST IN TIME FOR LOTS OF SUMMER FUN!!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Puc

I was thinking about selling mine and doing the same thing as you and I was thinking I would be lucky to get 4K out of it with 55K miles on it but I would not sale my trailer. You can get a leftover 12 right now for 15 to 18K. I just have a real hard time having a bike payment when I have not had one in so long.

Edited by etcswjoe

Bought my bone stock but extremely clean '99 RSV with 50k miles last July for $3,300 in the greater Chicago area. I have seen the same RSV & RSTD listed on Craigslist for over a year asking $6-8,000.

Just a little knowledge from what I've seen and been researching. I know I STOLE my bike for that price.

I gotta agree with Godlover,, at least around here (our economy has been in the tank for a good while).. I also had the same thought about seeing what trade in value is.. Ya never know,, you might do better using it as trade fodder than selling outright.. Nice that you already have a price on the new one so that cant jack it up cause of a trade in.. Worth a try..

If you sell it outright and have to run an ad, trick is to not overprice it at the beginning cause it seems (just my opinion) that the its the first round at having it up for sale that is your best shot selling.. If its to high and than you change your ad bringing down the price some people have already lost interest..

About the trailer,, hmmmmmmmm,, no idea,, never bought/sold one,,, gotta be someone on here that knows of xtra value that adds.. I know one thing,, if its one of those "tent camper" deals like Dana and Missy had at Vogel last year (WOW) I can see that puppy adding at least 3000 bucks (probably more)....

I had a customer once who turned down a Voyager I had for sale cause it had a hitch on it.. Told me,,, "worst thing you can do to a bikes drive train is to pull a trailer with it".. Next guy bought it cause he LOVED the fact that it had a hitch.. :rotf::rotf:

Crazy world out there!! Good luck with the sale of your bike Bumble Bee and CONGRATS on the new one!!!!!!

And go figure,, JUST IN TIME FOR LOTS OF SUMMER FUN!!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Puc

Mine is just a small utility type trailer for the bike. Nothing special.

I was thinking about selling mine and doing the same thing as you and I was thinking I would be lucky to get 4K out of it with 55K miles on it but I would not sale my trailer. You can get a leftover 12 right now for 15 to 18K. I just have a real hard time having a bike payment when I have not had one in so long.

I will hate having a payment as well, but I have been a cheap b^stard for so long, I am ready to have something nice. My wife gets a brand new Acura from work every 2 years or so. The kids get everything they ever want. I have always driven the older high mileage vehicles and bikes. The house is half paid off. We have no other bills besides mortgage and utilities and insurance. The kids college funds are all set. It is time for me to get something I can enjoy with no worries of break downs or having to find the time to work on stuff. Don't get me wrong, I like working on my own stuff, but lately finding any time to do it is getting much harder. So having this payment right now will be fine. Less stressful to pay a bill than to have a broke down bike right now for me.