IGNORED

Dyna 3000

Anyone have issues with the operation of the new Dyna 3000? 2005 Venture was popping a little on decel and checked carbs, exhaust leaks, hoses and found nothing so decided to try the ignition module since some have said that stopped popping.

Well popping is gone but now there is a hesitation when throttling up in first gear. No power issues and no hesitation when moving. It feels like the bike is choking when starting off and I have to rev it up to keep from stalling. This was not the case until I installed the Dyna 3000 this weekend. I did not modify the curve setting just installed with the default curve (curve 2). No dip switches on this one - it has the USB connection.

Ralph

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Yes I had a lot of problems with my Dyna 3000. My bike ran fine with the stock module and like crap with the Dyna. I sent it in to their service dept. twice and they just sent it back saying it was ok. I finally had it checked by the local Yamaha dealer and they confirmed the Dyna was bad. So I sent it to the president of Dyna with a note and never heard back.

Mike

Put the stock igniter back in...if the off idle issue goes away its the Dyna.

Does the Dyna have any diagnostics available via the USB or is it strictly

for changing the curve settings?

Do you have a tachometer to show if idle speed is same with either igniter?

Anyone have issues with the operation of the new Dyna 3000? 2005 Venture was popping a little on decel and checked carbs, exhaust leaks, hoses and found nothing so decided to try the ignition module since some have said that stopped popping.

Well popping is gone but now there is a hesitation when throttling up in first gear. No power issues and no hesitation when moving. It feels like the bike is choking when starting off and I have to rev it up to keep from stalling. This was not the case until I installed the Dyna 3000 this weekend. I did not modify the curve setting just installed with the default curve (curve 2). No dip switches on this one - it has the USB connection.

Ralph

----------------------------------------------------

Try a tank of premium - easy to try.

Mine will do the same thing with 87 octane. The advance is high with the 3000. My bike is quiet enough to hear pinging.

Try it?

JB

I was trying to avoid taking it back out. Battery box was a pain in the a$$ to remove. I tried the 93 octane and rode to work but still doesn't have the same spunk on throttle up in 1st gear. I may send something in to their tech services. If it continues I'll pull it out and see how the old one compares. Runs great outside of sluggish throttle response - like it lags when blipping the throttle.

Put the stock igniter back in...if the off idle issue goes away its the Dyna.

Does the Dyna have any diagnostics available via the USB or is it strictly

for changing the curve settings?

Do you have a tachometer to show if idle speed is same with either igniter?

I believe it only has curve adjustments. No tach but turning up idle screw reduces the lag when throttling up. But it is idling too high when I do that.

So is Dyna curve #1 stock settings.....did you try it set on 1?

Have not tried the other curve. Think it said something about having engine mods before using the other curve so I wasn't going to try it. Busy the next week or so, so I am not going to get a chance to work on it for a couple of weeks. It rides fine just have to throttle up on take off.

I have the Dyna 3000 and have had no problems in 9-10 years. It is set on 2. Never needed jets or pipes. Still runs on 87 octane. Just gives me higher revs.

:farmer:

------------------------

This is not the model you have.

The USB model is different. It comes preset with a more aggressive tune & a rpm limit of 7,500.

JB

• 3 weeks later...

I removed the Dyna and installed the stock ignition module. The lag on throttle up goes away but the popping on decel comes right back. While I was in there I pulled carbs cleaned jets and resynced the carbs.

I sent two emails over the past two weeks to DYNA about the throttle up issue but got no reply. I would suggest not buying one since customer service so far is non existent. I will try calling their 800 number next week.

Any idea what could be causing the popping with stock ignition module. I have no exhaust leaks, clean carbs, no hoses cracked or leaking, AIS is plugged and has been that way for 7 years with no popping. Could it be coils or plug wires? What else can I check?

I called the Dyna people and got some help from the guy there. First off opening the software can be a problem if not opened as the administrator on the computer. Since I was having trouble at the low end RPM he had me change the low end advance as follows (using curve 2):

100 rpm from 3 to 5

800 rpm from 3 to 5

1500 rpm from 3 to 5

He thought these were the stock module numbers. This seemed to make a difference in the lagging throttle at low end rpm's but I only got to ride around the neighborhood a little while before Momma called me in. I am taking a long weekend ride so I am going to leave it alone while I'm ahead and play with it some more next week.

Ralph