I've been watching ebay and craigs list for the last few months, looking for the rack that sits on top of the moneypits trunk. No such luck. I don't suppose anybody out there has one sitting on a shelf in the shed?? Mine is too pitted to do anything with, about my only other options are to have this one sandblasted and powdercoated. Or finish with paint and use rubber plugs in the holes in the trunklid til I find one. Dont wanna go either route, but running out of options.Thanks, Joe.:beer:

I didn't know (couldn't?) Robert, so I hope you guys work it out between ya... and there IS another. If you stated so in an earlier post, I sure missed it.

I know with my "other" organization, we have an "ebay" list of buyer's names so we don't step on each other's toes (less often anyway).

I really don't think these are THAT rare... condition is ALWAYS the name of the game... now good condition racks for the 83, 84... THAT'S a different animal!

Bob, are you looking at that for your '84, and if so will it fit? Don't wanna get in a bidding war with ya and if you can use it I won't bid. But I thought the earlier trunks were different. Including the chome rack on top. Joe.

Yes, I'm bidding on the rack that ends today. I need it for a larger '85 trunk that is on my list of "to do"for this winter. I like the '85 trunk because it is removable and is the bigger size. I am also in the process of modifying a set of newer saddlebags to work with my rear bumper for additional room there as well...

I didn't bid on that one at all bob. I did however bid on the other one that was open. I backed out at $51 tho. Not about to pay that when whitney sells a new one that will fit for another $10. By the way bobcat, thanks for pointing them out. I've done quite a bit of business with whitneys, and never had a complaint.

I picked one up that I believe was off an 83 or 84 a couple of months ago that is in really nice shape. I've been trying to talk myself in to drilling new holes in the lid since I got it. However, I picked one up that fits my 89 a couple days ago on um... Er.... Ebay (wish I had seen that jcwhintey info sooner) so if anyone is interested in the one I can't use let me know and I'll post a pic.

Pain :7_6_3[1]: