IGNORED

34 years ago today,, how does she do it....

cowpuc

That Tippy of mine,, what a lady!!

Back when I was in my early 20's I worked at a local school.. They had a Kindergarten teacher there who I use to spy on thru her classroom door.. I would watch her play and work with her kids. She would set on the floor with kids sprawled out on her lap, reading em stories and such.. She had this mysterious way about her of holding the attention of those children, almost angelic as she smiled at each one of them.. While I am sure the reasons for attentiveness on their part was not the same as that of their peeping Puc, she definitely had his undivided attention too!!

I didnt realize this at the time but would find out later that Kindergarten teachers have other interests besides little children.. I rode a 1978 Harley Lowrider at the time, not exactly a 2 up touring kinda bike but it did have a pillion and a sissy bar so I thought what the heck - I will ask... She smiled that gorgeous smile as I tossed an old chair cushion over the pillion and we rode off in real comfort..

I could hear her giggling as we rode the Northern Michigan trails and two-tracks on that ol Shovelhead.. Tip had no riding experience prior to these outings, something I found very interesting cause she was a very gifted passenger.. Very relaxed, always seem to follow my leaning body and never complaining,, always laughing and smiling..

I remember one time we headed out for a tour up to the Mackinaw bridge.. Packed for the day with snowmobile suits (never ever ever ride Northern Michigan without warm clothes), sweatshirts and all that,, we headed out.. Crossed the state and rode up the east side along the Lake Huron shoreline.. Got up above Alpena on a big off camber sweeper and the front tire of the bike decided it no longer liked the air that was in it.. The tire reached out and picked up something in the road and stabbed itself,, it wanted the air out of itself that bad!!

I yelled back to Tippy to sit real still cause we had a flat.. She never moved or said a word as I worked the bike down to a stop by carefully applying the rear brake while carefully feeding it throttle against the clutch to maintain gyro.. When we got the bike stopped, I stepped off and looked at Tippy,, she had a big smile on her face and calmly said - GOOD JOB SWEETHEART and she hugged me!! :detective: :bighug:

About a block away was some construction joint,, almost looked like a gypsum place that made Drywall or something as I recall.. Anyway, we managed to get the bike into their lot, front tire off, snagged a ride into town, got a tire, back together..

We pulled into the Bridge View parking after crossing the Big Mack,, me all covered with grease, the bike breaking in a new tire on the grating from crossing the bridge and her with this great big smile on her pretty face....

Short time later she decided that she could see herself as Mrs. Cowpuc for the rest of her life, she took to motherhood and wifingdom just like she did to riding on the back of that ol Harley.. Even thru many other "flat tires" in the lives of a man and women raising four kids, thru sickness and health, hard times and good she has somehow always managed to maintain that gorgeous smile of hers..

34 years and she is still smiling,, that Tippy of mine,, what a lady!!!

HAPPY 34th ANNIVERSARY SWEETHEART!!

DSCN4872.JPG