IGNORED

Guess where we were............

DragonRider

WAYYYYYY COOL LEWIS wherever it was!!!:thumbsup:

Oh yea,, we're suppose to guess,,, seems how Kbran was sooooo quick on the trigger with the museum that is closest to you,,,, I think I will guess the WW2 Museum in Normandy!! If I get it wrong I think we should check on having an International Rally there - MAN WOULD THAT BE FUN (yea right,,, who could afford that :rotf:):stirthepot:

Hey,,, wait a minute,, aint there one in Virginia?? I will pick that!!!:stirthepot:

I'd say Warner Robbins Aircraft museum, but what do I know.

If your into World War 2 vintage aircraft you should come to this event at Peachtree DeKalb Airport. I'll be there on Sunday 9/28/14. Let me know if you are going to try and make it.

:12101:

DeKalb-Peachtree Airport Hosts Atlanta Warbird Weekend

Commemorative Air Force leads WWII veteran tribute

DECATUR, Ga.DeKalb-Peachtree Airport will be transformed into a World War II airfield when a squadron of vintage military aircraft from across the United States descend on the former Navy training base to celebrate the inaugural Atlanta Warbird Weekend. The event will be held on the grounds of DeKalb-Peachtree Airport, 2000 Airport Road, Atlanta, GA 30341, on Sept. 27-28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.

The first ever Atlanta Warbird Weekend is organized by the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Dixie Wing, the Georgia Chapter of the largest WWII flying museum in the United States. Originally conceived as a showcase for the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress “Sentimental Journey” from CAF Airbase Arizona, the lineup has grown to include more than 15 WWII-era aircraft, military vehicles, reenactors in period uniforms, educational activities and opportunities to meet World War II veterans. More than 20 organizations are collaborating to create the event.

The mission of the Texas-based Commemorative Air Force is to honor veterans and American Military Aviation through flight, exhibition and remembrance.

In addition to the classic B-17 Flying Fortress, examples of three of WWII’s most iconic fighters will fly into DeKalb-Peachtree Airport. A Supermarine Spitfire, made famous during the Battle of Britain, will be joined by a trio of North American P-51 Mustangs and a Goodyear FG-1 Corsair. The CAF Dixie Wing’s rare Douglas SBD Dauntless dive bomber and WWII-era trainers will also be on display during the weekend.

“The response from the local community has been amazing,” said Jay Bess, the CAF Dixie Wing Marketing Officer and Atlanta Warbird Weekend Co-Chairman. “We have had aviation and veterans groups, museums and individuals volunteer to help us share the story of World War II aviation history.”

Rides can be purchased in the B-17 Flying Fortress “Sentimental Journey”, P-51 Mustang “Red Nose” and other CAF Dixie Wing aircraft, with prices starting at $99. The B-17 Flying Fortress will be on display and sell rides starting Sept. 22. Proceeds from the rides and aircraft tours are used to offset costs in maintaining and flying the aircraft.

-more-

PDK Hosts Warbird Weekend– Page 2

The weekend will provide bragging rights for aviation and history enthusiasts, but more importantly the public will have an opportunity to learn about the men and women who flew these aircrafts during the Second World War, arguably the defining event of the twentieth century.

Educational activities include “Warbirds in Review”, a “WWII Veterans Meet & Greet” and a recreated USAAF 8th Air Force Mission Briefing delivered by reenactors wearing authentic World War II uniforms and equipment. “Warbirds in Review” is a series of flight line presentations delivered by pilots and experts who describe the service history of the Spitfire, Corsair, Mustang and Japanese Zero. Actors will provide music from the 1940s during the weekend. Daytime activities are free to the public.

For a complete schedule of activities, flight prices and reservations or to purchase tickets to “Dinner With Eagles”, visit www.atlantawarbirdweekend.com.

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\CRGRAH~1.DBH\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

-more-

PDK Hosts Warbird Weekend– Page 3

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\CRGRAH~1.DBH\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.jpg

The FG-1D Corsair will be on display at the Atlanta Warbird Weekend Sept. 27-28

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\CRGRAH~1.DBH\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.jpg

The classic B-17 Flying Fortress will be on display at the Atlanta Warbird Weekend and sell rides starting Sept. 22

-more-

PDK Hosts Warbird Weekend– Page 4

DeKalb County is Georgia’s third largest county with more than 700,000 residents calling it home. Known for its business and education hub, growing international community and natural wonders, DeKalb County Government is administered by Interim Chief Executive Officer Lee May and legislative policy is set by a seven-member Board of Commissioners.

Stay informed with news from DeKalb County by signing up at www.onedekalb.com or send a text message with the word ONEDEKALB to 22828 (message and data rates may apply).

###