IGNORED

Planning a west/central Indiana ride - input needed.

Ky. Rider

In june I am planning to ride north on US 41 to the Terre Haute area, then possibly take US 40 east to US 231 and head south to Owensboro, Ky. I have a few days available for this trip. I have heard riding this part of Indiana is a good ride. I would appreciate any input as to places that are must see, places to eat, roads to ride, etc. Also, anything to avoid such as traffic, construction, etc. Thanks. Bill

In june I am planning to ride north on US 41 to the Terre Haute area, then possibly take US 40 east to US 231 and head south to Owensboro, Ky. I have a few days available for this trip. I have heard riding this part of Indiana is a good ride. I would appreciate any input as to places that are must see, places to eat, roads to ride, etc. Also, anything to avoid such as traffic, construction, etc. Thanks. Bill

If you have time, detour east from Spencer on 46 trhough Bloomington to Nashville. Hwy 135, south to 58, then west to 450 and then back over to 231.

Nashville is a nice little town where several hundred (or more) bikes can be found on any nice weekend.

Hwy 135 is an absolutely beautiful ride.

On hwy 58, in the very small town of Kurtz, is 58 Cafe. Good food and biker friendly. And another great road.

When do you plan on doing this? We had a M&E at 58 Cafe last year. Maybe we could plan another?

Instead of the 4 lane state roads, that southwestern corner of the state is RIPE with rolling hills and beautiful two lane state roads. Look at the map again and follow Rt. 50 up from just north of Evansville up to Rt.37. Heck, you might just want to take 2 days to ride in that area! Anytime I go down there I go that way, cage or bike!

Dan

Thanks for the replies. I'll certainly plan on riding some if not all of those suggestions. The good thing about my riding schedule these days if flexibility. I've recently retired so our plans can hinge on the weather outlook. We have not nailed down dates in June but probably the first half of the month. I'll try to let you know when the time comes. I always enjoy meeting fellow Venture riders. Thanks again. Bill

Here is a site to check out.

This site also has a lot of roads, just type in the state you want and enjoy!

Bryan