IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

A dry river I guess if thats all ya got it better be impressive !>

Uh...nope...beds are small around here. Don't know how I could ride into one to get a picture... Sandstorm? Thankfully I don't live in Phoenix anymore. Got real tired of cleaning the driveway, boat and pool each time!!

But thanks for the thought, Jay!

Joe...maybe tomorrow. It's too hot around here now. Have to ride in early mornings. I can't take the heat any more. Guess my built-in "air conditioning" isn't working like it used to!

david

Edited by videoarizona
Add

>

Water evaporates fast...(it's a dry heat) :sun1: ...unless there is a downpour, then it runs and floods for a few hours....gradually getting absorbed or evaporates.

So very few "rivers" actually have water in them year around. We do have a few that run underground for miles....that is strange...

I've been researching...there is a river that runs year around about 100 miles away, but don't know if I can get there from here without taking all day. And since we are in our "monsoon" season....I don't want to be caught out in a storm on the bike. So.....probably not a destination right now.

>

Water evaporates fast...(it's a dry heat) :sun1: ...unless there is a downpour, then it runs and floods for a few hours....gradually getting absorbed or evaporates.

So very few "rivers" actually have water in them year around. We do have a few that run underground for miles....that is strange...

I've been researching...there is a river that runs year around about 100 miles away, but don't know if I can get there from here without taking all day. And since we are in our "monsoon" season....I don't want to be caught out in a storm on the bike. So.....probably not a destination right now.

I hear y'all have had a "little" rain the last few days. Hope y'all are doing ok.

I hear y'all have had a "little" rain the last few days. Hope y'all are doing ok.

Yep...no problem down here. Phoenix had highest rainful in one day, ever! Tucson got hit a few hours ago....

I'm under partly cloudy skies right now....

If it was cooler, I'd ride out to the Santa Cruz...bet it's flowing right now!

Can be a stream to a huge flooded river....just depends upon rain!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Cruz_River_(Arizona)

Thanks for asking!

If you have the whole train that is fine but you have to at least have the engine you and your bike. There is a lot of them in my area. http://www.wheelsotime.org is a Museum up the hill from me, as well as some playgrounds in the area. Have fun with it and in the spirit of the game, Get out and ride. I have just got back into riding, My youngest is now 15 and I stopped riding when she was 5. I was coming home from Grand View Dr after getting that shot and I saw a huge flock of cranes riding the wind. I would have missed it if I was in a car. I love being back on 2 wheels and seeing and smelling things.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o190/techee28714/Oldandno.jpg

Edited by Kc9ojn

Well...took the VR out early this morning. My normal Saturday 2 hour run. Went down to the RR tracks nearest me...no trains!

Usually, they keep a long string of empty cars with 2 to 6 engines on the siding every other week. Nothing this time. Wonder if the derailment last week screwed up all the schedules??

So no dice for me TODAY....I'll keep my eyes wondering!

ok my daughter's boyfriend came up with this: You, your bike and someone taking a picture of you taking a picture of their bike

HUH??

If I am taking apic of someone elses bike while they are taking my pic then how at the same time do I take a pic of me my bike and the person taking my pic???????:think::confused24:

Now my head hurts.