IGNORED

A Little Birdie Told Me.....

cowpuc

After an amazing nights sleep with my head 6 feet from the waters edge at GORGEOUS Guntersvillie State Park I felt my hand itch.. Tip and I had been talking about whether to stay and have dinner tonight with all of our friends or to hit the road and take a shot at finalizing our N-S-E-W tour hopes for the season.. Been hearing allthe chatter of bad east coast weather in the makings and the weather here in the south is PERFECT for touring and hate to miss it cause of a hurricane..

The debate of ride now or have dinner with the group was a tough one..

While debating during a morning tooth brushing contest, this AMAZING Terradactel looking stork of a bird lands on a log about 20 feet from us..We look at each other, Tip whispers, get the camera outof the pouch.. I did an got awesome pics!

I told her,, lets let the bird decide our debate,, you walk toward it and what ever way it flys we go... Sadly, cause means happy trails to our good friends at the International, the bird flew North East.. This actually kinda surprising cause he was he was facing right toward the lodge where the dinner is taking place while sitting on the log,, so much for stacking the deck eay..

It was wonderful seeing our very good friends from the past and making some very good friends with folkswe always wanted to meet.

You folks are true treasures of the trail and we love each of you. Looking forward to the day our paths cross again!

Ride safe!

Puc n Tip

20140730_095803.jpg

Edited by cowpuc

Hey PUC,

I'm not sure of letting a bird with a brain the size of a peanut determine your fate is a good thing. Do you really think that is wise? :doh:

I'll be heading Up toward the Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow morning if your heading that way.

Ya,, I know,, its another flaw in my charector DragonSlayer.. I have actually gotten better thru the years though. When the kids were little and toured with me, we played this little coin toss game,,, tail = left,,, Heads = right and spent many many miles finding all kinds of cool adventures by letting the coin decide.. at least now in my grown up days I have succumbed to using something WITH a brain :rotf::rotf: ,,,, well,,, sometimes.. Tip an I still do the coin toss too!

probably not wise and certainly NOT for most people but ya know what,, I find it to be a LOT of fun! :whistling:

If you are in Kingsport and up early in the morning give me a call. Number in profile. Any time after 6;30 AM and will buy breakfast. If you want to stay and extra day off Friday. Plenty to see and do around here

If you are in Kingsport and up early in the morning give me a call. Number in profile. Any time after 6;30 AM and will buy breakfast. If you want to stay and extra day off Friday. Plenty to see and do around here

Will do sgn! We just drove thru the town, past a great big dam and even in the dark it looked pretty cool! The other end of town smelledfunny,, like a paper mill?

Anyway, will see what time we are up and around.. trying to get to the coast and off it before the storm hits...

thanks!

Puc

Great to see the both of you again. Next time, I need to sign the bike again. My signature is practically invisible. BTW, we all sure were glad to see you down here.

Barry, both Tip and I REALLY enjoyed seeing you again too! What a treat to get to meet your brother on your old bike as well! Someday we want to shoot down to florida and actually go have a little ride time with the two of you! OR, get you two up to michigan and get out of the heat.

BEEEEUUUTIFUL new bike you have there my friend! Take really good care of her, give her a name, watch your maintenance and I think the miles of fun you will have from that sweetheart are almost endless!

Congrats Cuda!

PS, tell Son I said the SAMEgoes for his! Who ever let that one go must have been on a Wing buzz or something:rotf:

Tip says hi to both you fellers!

Love ya, s

puc

Ya,, I know,, its another flaw in my charector DragonSlayer.. I have actually gotten better thru the years though. When the kids were little and toured with me, we played this little coin toss game,,, tail = left,,, Heads = right and spent many many miles finding all kinds of cool adventures by letting the coin decide.. at least now in my grown up days I have succumbed to using something WITH a brain :rotf::rotf: ,,,, well,,, sometimes.. Tip an I still do the coin toss too!

probably not wise and certainly NOT for most people but ya know what,, I find it to be a LOT of fun! :whistling:

Yea I know, I've been known to play the left right left game. I guess there is something to be said about the random toss of a coin.