IGNORED

1 carb Flooding fuel out the overflow issue?

Carb Flooding ?

So after I turn the key on and the fuel pump stops clicking, then I put the choke on, then I hit the starter.

Before the engine has a chance to start, I hear fuel being dumped onto the cement floor. The last I checked is was 1 carb. I think it was the upper right carb.

So can I conclude that this is a float issue and not related to any jet or needle?

Sounds like a float is stuck and just pumping the gas out. You can try getting a can of carb spray with the little red straw, empty the carb(s) by loosening the Phillips screw and draining the gas in the bowl out from the little over flow hose.

Then with the screw still open ( keep the screwdriver ready) insert the red straw as far as you can safely, place a rag around the hose opening where the straw was inserted, and spray a 1/4 can into the bowl. Do some squirts and long sprays intermittently. Then close the screw and let it sit for a while.

Do the other carbs. Then go back a drain out the cleaner and try the key on to see if the carb is still overflowing.

If there is something holding up the float needle this should blow it out.

Good luck

This happens every once in a while to me. Usually about every 10,000 miles or so. What I do is remove the air box then disconnect the fuel line to suspected carb, plug the hose and run the bike. Then I put a short piece of fuel line on the suspect carb and spray carb cleaner directly into it while it is running. Reassemble and follow up with a half can of sea foam in the tank and it is usually good to go for another 10k.

This happens every once in a while to me. Usually about every 10,000 miles or so. What I do is remove the air box then disconnect the fuel line to suspected carb, plug the hose and run the bike. Then I put a short piece of fuel line on the suspect carb and spray carb cleaner directly into it while it is running. Reassemble and follow up with a half can of sea foam in the tank and it is usually good to go for another 10k.

So, the carb cleaner doesn't ruin the rubber needle tip? I'm assuming it's rubber.

So, the carb cleaner doesn't ruin the rubber needle tip? I'm assuming it's rubber.

Use Deep Creep. Some of these cleaners are not too easy on some parts in there. I use Marvel Mystery Oil for maint now. A lot cheaper and you can use it in every tank if you want without breaking the bank. If it starts acting up I add some Sea-Foam to the mix. But Sea-Foam is pricing itself out of my market. I feel they are selling name more than product....BerryMans Chem Tech is a good one at less than 1/2 the price but it is a little harsher. I don't like to use it regularly.

:2cents:

how old is your fuel filter? I replace mine every few years. spend the money and ues a Yamaha filter, the aftermarket ones are garbage. I spent 2 weeks messing with my carbs once to find out the epoxy in the emgo fuel filter started coming apart.