IGNORED

2015 Indian Roadmaster

rickardracing

Awesome bike with some great features. 30k is still less than the previous models of Indians, before Polaris bought the brand and they never had anything this decked out.

I agree that is a lot of money but head to head with any new touring model equipped the same the price is competitive IMHO

Wade, dont think so. At Least not what I have looked at. The Vision is only $20,99 and the Cross Country Tour (with trunk) is $21,99. This year they just came out with a big front wheel bike to compare to the HD with the big 22" front wheel CVO bikes. And its sharp and $21,99 called the Magnum.

http://polaris.hs.llnwd.net/o40/vic/2015/img/model-photos/thumbs-large/2015-magnum-p7.jpg

Now see.....I like that front fender.

I like it too:thumbsup2: it is true to the brand, recognizable from a trotting horse. Actually if you put a filler piece in the middle of a second gen fender it's pretty dang close:whistling:

Wade, dont think so. At Least not what I have looked at. The Vision is only $20,99 and the Cross Country Tour (with trunk) is $21,99. This year they just came out with a big front wheel bike to compare to the HD with the big 22" front wheel CVO bikes. And its sharp and $21,99 called the Magnum.

http://polaris.hs.llnwd.net/o40/vic/2015/img/model-photos/thumbs-large/2015-magnum-p7.jpg

The HD, Goldwing, and BMW are all close to this price point. The Victory CC comes in lower but no power windshield, no proximity key, no remote lock bags, no Bluetooth , slightly smaller displacement engine. I really like the Vic CC but not as many features to compare to the Roadmaster

Guest tx2sturgis

Yeah...a guy on the beach got killed when the plane hit him and his daughter...weird, freak accident.

Now see.....the vision to me is absolutely stupid looking. Looks like an overgrown scooter. The cross country looks like a Goldwing trying to be a Harley. Not fond of the victory bikes at all.

They are getting more in tune with the touring crowd. Should have been offered last year when they introduced the cruisers. If only they had left the S&S Engine as they had before and offered in 120 cu. I would be riding one now but, alast no cigar.:confused24:

The cross country looks like a Goldwing trying to be a Harley.

hmmmmmm.... let's see now ... so the RSTD or for that matter the RSV doesn't?

Aside from BMW and Goldwing, most of the others in that class look like Harley knock-offs. Who cares? A touring bike has to have a motor, fairing or windshield, and saddlebags c/w optional a trunk ... and to some degree they all look similar.

hmmmmmm.... let's see now ... so the RSTD or for that matter the RSV doesn't?

Aside from BMW and Goldwing, most of the others in that class look like Harley knock-offs. Who cares? A touring bike has to have a motor, fairing or windshield, and saddlebags c/w optional a trunk ... and to some degree they all look similar.

What I am trying to say is that I do not like the sharp lines on the cross country. I like a classic looking bike like a RSV or a Harley. Victory and Goldwing are not my cup of tea. If I could get the new Indian Roadmaster decked out the way I wanted for $22k-$24k, I would get one but the only issue is that they are not offering the mint green/ off white in the Roadmaster.

I like a classic looking bike like a RSV or a Harley.

I do too. For me though, the RSV is outdated and too top heavy. The Harley is too expensive. The Vic CCT is the best of those two at a reasonable price. For that I can accept the sharper lines.

I am not going to talk about the Indian style or price, but I rode with my friend this afternoon and he has a 2014 Chieftain. All I can say is that machine is fast. He left Sylvester and ran away from him. I was hitting 7k rpm and he kept increasing the distance between us. I shut down north of 100 mph.

:farmer:

I dont need a bike with 180 cid motor. If it will run 80-90 mph and get you out in traffic and up the mountain I'm good. If you have to have the biggest baddest motor you need a Boss hoss. I saw one of those with a 572 ci motor in it.

The CCT while has sort of angular lines on the edges, the bags still have the rounded "classic" styling. I will give you the Vision has to "grow" on you. since the GW went with all the plastic filler stuff I have not been a fan.