IGNORED

Hopefully soon to be Newbie audio question

winger53215

I am coming from the wing and with that you could listen to the radio and then if the CB kicked in it would mute the radio and you would hear the CB. The dealer told me this system is independent meaning you either listen to the radio or switch to CB and listen for that. Also if I was to purchase a GPS would I be able to plug it into the aux near the cassette and have that work with the CB and radio. Hope my question makes sense.:confused24:

not sure what year your looking at. On my 91 I can play ther radio and cb at the same time..........not sureof how the newer ones work but mine will mute the radio or tape deck whenever a strong enough signal is recieved on the cb......I also know you can buy a cable ( cant remeber the guys name that makes it but he is a member) to make the gps work with the with the system.with the wright gos you can even answer the phone through your headset

hope tis helps

David

The CB is fully integrated with the audio system on the Venture. When both are on, the CB takes priority any time is is un-squelched, so it works just like you described the Honda radio.

Yes, you can use a GPS or any other device on the aux input, and it works with the CB in exactly the same way.

The only down side is that the audio side of the system cannot play the radio and the Aux input at the same time, so if you want music with your GPS, you need one with a built-in player.

Goose

I am looking at a 2011. I did watch the video where the guy removed the windshield and installs the secondary plug. Taking stuff apart scares me....lol

If we can talk you into ridin' it an hour and a half northwest, I'd be glad to help. Give me a call if you want, @#920$%210&*4652.

Later, Scooter Bob