IGNORED

Drat, I joined the club...... :(

VTirelli

Figured I'd fess up. Pullled into a gas station on the way home from Don's yesterday. I'm in the habit of leaving the bike on the sidestand while Sam gets on and off the bike. Gassed up, went to start it before she got on, couldn't get it into neutral so I picked it off and put the stand up to start it and get it into neutral, brain farted and forgot to put the stand down, started leaning it and over she went. Fought like heck with it but couldnt stop it, she eventually stopped up against the pump. Only damage I see is the headlight visors are shot and my stupid ego.

Does the 'Dropped it' club pay dues??

:bawling:

Hey Vinny,welcome to the club....I do the samething with the side stand to let Shari get off.I pulled in to get gas and thought I put the stand down leaned the bike over and and we both got pinned between the pump and bike.We were both laughing so hard,we couldn't move.The guy next to us was kind enough to give us a hand.:whistling:

Vinny,

There is NO WAY that you are responsible for dropping your bike. If ANYBODY owes anything to the dropped bike club, it will be SAM!!! There is NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that it was her fault. If I had to guess, I would guess that she had given you a LIST of things to do when you get home and you were trying to read it at the same time. That woman is trouble...TROUBLE I tell you. :witch_brew:

Guest tx2sturgis

You know, sometimes a Venture just needs a short nap. Best to get out of its way and let it lay.

:)

Let's see now 11 Canadian scoots travel from Friday night to Sunday night and not one needs a nap,,,,,,,maybe it's just an American thing,,,,,,,,,do you think????????:stirthepot::whistling:

Oh Oh now I think I did it, think I still got some training wheels here somewheres.

Dropped mine with Margaret on board and although we both ended up on the ground, no one was hurt. The bike was also fine. I have a new respect for slow speed turns on an incline!

Glad you guys are ok.

How about a twofer. About two weeks ago I backed mine out of the garage to wash her and I turned perpendicular to the driveway....well there is a little slope at the top but I do this every time I go for a ride. For some reason (I guess I leaned to the downhill side) she started down and I couldn't stop her as she rolled onto her front and rear crash bars. It took some effort but I got her up only to have her go over on the other side.:bang head: Luckily there were no witnesses. I was able to get her up and washed without any further theatrics.

Tombo

:whistling:

Guest cwil2988

Dropped my old Boulevard one morning coming in from work. I work 3rd shift, had pulled a 12 hr shift, and our old house had a "manual" garage door. i kicked the side stand down to get off and open the garage, but didn't clear the spring. However, I had already committed to getting off the bike, and threw my right leg over and down we went together. neighbor was laughing as he came over to help us (bike and I) up

Dropped my old Boulevard one morning...down we went together. neighbor was laughing as he came over to help us (bike and I) up

A universal truth has been shared. Neighbors and spectators will always laugh when you go over. Good Neighbors and friends will alway help you get it back on two wheels.

Watch out there my friend...let me tell you the TRUTH...Maintenance day is on a Saturday right? But those first gens are so slow that one (from CANADA) didn't make it here until Sunday morning. :rotf:

Or, is the first gen from canada soooo fast that it was there already for next year's maint day? 364 days early...

Watch out there my friend...let me tell you the TRUTH...Maintenance day is on a Saturday right? But those first gens are so slow that one (from CANADA) didn't make it here until Sunday morning. :rotf:

ya Don, riding with those darned Harley things slowed us down big time.

glad to see you again Vinnie and Sam.

Vinnie, welcome to the club. It couldn't be Sam"s fault. i guess your memory is starting to go, you will have to put a little sticker somewhere by the key that says "dont forget to put sidestand down".:rotf:

cheers, Scott and Sherry