IGNORED

Installing a Tach

I am installing a tach on my 06 RSV. Putting it on the right side of the bars. Can anyone tell me where the coils are at? The picture in the RSV manual makes it appear it is behiind one of the side ocovers?? Also anyone know which terminal is positive and which is negative on the coil? And does it matter which coil I hook it up to? I don't think it should matter. Thanks for your help!!

Erns

You'll probably want to go to the coils in the front. You need to take the gas tank off and they will be up by the triple tree on the frame. I'm not sure which lead is +or- but I know others will chime in that have done it.

I am installing a tach on my 06 RSV. Putting it on the right side of the bars. Can anyone tell me where the coils are at? The picture in the RSV manual makes it appear it is behiind one of the side ocovers?? Also anyone know which terminal is positive and which is negative on the coil? And does it matter which coil I hook it up to? I don't think it should matter. Thanks for your help!!

Erns

I'm not 100 Percent sure about the 2Gens, but on the other Yammi Bikes, the Red/White Wire is on every Coil and is the + Lead. The TCI is switching Ground, so the other Side(yellow/orange/grey/white) would be your Sensor Wire.

2ndGen's don't have a tach???? What's with that??? :stirthepot:

They have a rev limiter that limits the RPM to (I believe) 5.6k, and seeing the engine is based on the V-max and can safely rev to over 6k, there is no real need. Just get on it,, I've actually on ever hit the rev limiter once in 11k miles on the bike.

They have a rev limiter that limits the RPM to (I believe) 5.6k, and seeing the engine is based on the V-max and can safely rev to over 6k, there is no real need. Just get on it,, I've actually on ever hit the rev limiter once in 11k miles on the bike.

Hey, I think for the bucks you guys are laying out for one of those things you'd get a tach.... Hows do you tell when your clutch starts slippin'.......? Rev limiter.... That's like getting half an engine....:whistling::stirthepot:

I'm pretty sure it's higher than that. I have gone to 7,500 before the rev limiters kick in. They do if I am not mistaken have a speed limiter in them also keeping them below 120-125Mph.

I'm pretty sure it's higher than that. I have gone to 7,500 before the rev limiters kick in. They do if I am not mistaken have a speed limiter in them also keeping them below 120-125Mph.

I just look up some dyno charts for the 99 Venture and they show the rev limiter kicking in a 6k.

When I visit this link I get the following message:

"

You have requested something that does not exist, or you do not have permission to access."

I would think you have to be a member of Star Touring to view their forum.

Thanks for all the help. My tach is the Drag Specialties brand. Fits nice. Looks pretty good, I am happy with it. Haven't jumped into the wiring yet. The directions are pretty simple, I just wasn't sure where or which coil to use and which was the hot side. Maybe, between having to work, and if the remainder of flooring I am installing goes well, and if I get the decks stained, and if I get the driveway sealed I "might" get to work on it next Sunday........unless it rains. Can't stain the deck or seal the driveway then can I? Erns:banana::banana::banana::banana: