IGNORED

fuel gauge fan motor and cruise control not working after removing cassette deck

This will require you to get the wiring diagrams from the service manual and trace the wires. It is tedious, boring, and tiring on the eyes. However, you need to find which wire was cut incorrectly when the cassette was removed.

Helped a fellow VR member a couple of years ago to go through this after he removed his cassette.

There is really no short cut.

RR

You upset the gremlins by taking away thier music machine. Flashing fuel gauge in my experience is the gauge not getting either power or sending unit info. I kind of think maybe something got bumped disconnected etc.

The cassette deck has absolutely nothing to do with any of those things. You HAD to have knocked something loose or something like that.

There are ground wires in the harnesses that can cause really weird things to happen. The Venture I worked on would run the starter as soon as the key was turned on. The wiring to the cassette has nothing to do with the starting circuit either. However, the ground that was making contact in the cut cable - did.

RR