IGNORED

Will not turn over...

I installed new bars on my bike. Barron drag bars and wired them internally. Ok...after I ran all the wires I cranked it up for just a second tom make sure I connected the two R/W wires from the ON/OFF switch on the starter switch. After doing that I took all the wires and connectors and stuffed them all into the headlight as usual. I took apart the Starter Switch and noticed that the Sky Blue and the Black wire ,that sits right behind the actual black starter button, well the Black wire was hanging on by ONE strand of copper and ha popped the solder connection. I took the screw out that held it in and cut the Sky Blue and the Black wire as to take to bench and solder the black wire back on. Did that and soldered the wires back where I had to cut them...no problem. Problem...still will not turn over. Oh yeah, when I engage the starter button the RED TEMP light comes on in the meter. Any ideas? My next step is to pull the headlight and check all the wires and maybe pull wires from bars to check for a knick in one of the wires. All my fuses are fine also....just no vroom vroom. Thanks everyone.

It is funny you asked that. I took the switch back apart and found the issue

Ok...the RED On/off switch rides between a white gear type deal on the left and a black piece on the right that has the red leads soldered to. The switch its self has two springs and a tiny bb and a triangle copper connection that floats on one of the springs. To get to the problem, I guess I knocked off a tiny little guide off the black side that keeps it with enough pressure to keep it from "jumping" out of position and not connecting the copper connector on the other side...so yes I guess you could say it was not turned on...now how to fab a tuny solid stick of plastic to go in its place and stay put. Thinking about drilling a tiny hole and putting a tiny screw in its place.

I had exactly the same problem on my 88.

I tried to epoxy the broken piece back on using JB Weld. Broke right back off.

I tried to make a new piece, drill and tap for a #0-80 screw and mount it with screw. The walls were to thin and the screw broke out the side.

The only thing that worked was to replace it with a used one. I lucked out and someone had one off of a crashed bike.

Good luck with your search for one.