IGNORED

Throttle Cables

I recently ordered a new pair of throttle cables from my dealer. No luck. Then my dealer calls Yamaha only to hear that they discontinued one of the cables. I have an 07 Tour Deluxe & can't believe Yamaha would simply discontinue this replacement part. It's a "have to have" part. I can get one of the cables part number 4XY-26311-00-00. The other cable part number 4XY-26312-00-00 is the one I can no longer get from Yamaha. Any suggestions???

It appears that 4XY-26312-00-00 has been superseded by 4XY-26312-10-00.

But, neither of those part numbers match up to a Tour Deluxe; your stated part numbers are for the Venture. According to the microfiche, a 2007 Tour Deluxe requires 1D6-26312-00-00 or 1D6-26311-00-00 for upper throttle cables. If you are looking for the lower throttle cables, the 'fiche calls for 4XY-26313-00-00 and 4XY-2631J-00-00

All of the above available.

• 1 month later...
It appears that 4XY-26312-00-00 has been superseded by 4XY-26312-10-00.

But, neither of those part numbers match up to a Tour Deluxe; your stated part numbers are for the Venture. According to the microfiche, a 2007 Tour Deluxe requires 1D6-26312-00-00 or 1D6-26311-00-00 for upper throttle cables. If you are looking for the lower throttle cables, the 'fiche calls for 4XY-26313-00-00 and 4XY-2631J-00-00

All of the above available.

Kevin, I bought the whole set including the connector box from Pinwall, and used just one of the lowers. The one lower I have left is 4XY7E00-6107. The uppers are 1D61200-6107 and 1D61100-6107. Any idea what they came off of? They work fine.... Maybe these aren't discontinued??

Kevin, I bought the whole set including the connector box from Pinwall, and used just one of the lowers. The one lower I have left is 4XY7E00-6107. The uppers are 1D61200-6107 and 1D61100-6107. Any idea what they came off of? They work fine.... Maybe these aren't discontinued??

Jack, I presume those cited numbers are on the cables? Those numbers aren't an actual Yamaha PART NUMBER, however, the 4XY designates a Venture model and the 1D6 indicates those parts were originally designed for a Tour Deluxe. This is not to say that those parts are exclusive to the Venture or Tour Deluxe. Those parts may well be used on other Yamaha models, the prefix simply means that the parts were originally designed for those models.

Jack, I presume those cited numbers are on the cables? Those numbers aren't an actual Yamaha PART NUMBER, however, the 4XY designates a Venture model and the 1D6 indicates those parts were originally designed for a Tour Deluxe. This is not to say that those parts are exclusive to the Venture or Tour Deluxe. Those parts may well be used on other Yamaha models, the prefix simply means that the parts were originally designed for those models.

Yep the numbers were on the cables. I wouldn't think there'd be that much difference between the TD and the V when it comes to throttle cables. I used to have a .pdf chart that showed all the prefixes for whatever Yamaha dreamed up, but lost it in an HD crash.... Way back when I remember a cross reference listing for all Yamaha parts, but haven't run across anything lately....

Wonder if the TD throttle cables are discontinued??