IGNORED

UN-safe chrome!

Last weekend we had some great weather (no clouds) so I popped down to NC and rode all day Sat in the mountains with my best friend. :cool10:

The sun was reflecting off all the damn chrome on my RSTD which is everywhere on these things! Headlight, driving lights, speedo cover, gas tank cover..................

It's much better since I have black-out the windshield on the lower 2/3 rds of it, but there are still plenty of it to reflect.

I never have this problem on my sport bike. They typically don't have any chrome. :confused24:

Heck, even my friends VTX1800 had chrome that was reflecting back at me when he was in front.

Even though I have a 'midnight' model, I'm gonna have to find a way to de-glare this thing!

Don't think I'll ever get a chromed out bike again :no-no-no:

Close your eyes " Use the Force Luke " Now if you had a Midnight Venture it would twinkle light the stars and the only glare would be from the envious 1st gen's The only unsafe chrome is still in the box in the garage waiting to go on. :whistling:

Un safe chrome !!!! Guess your not going to want any Diamond cut engine items from me huh?

Please forward those awfull items to me and i will return some duller hmmmm? Is duller a word?

Anyway i will be happy to trade ya!:whistling:

Although I'd love to take my bike apart and send all the nice chrome parts to who ever wanted them, I think I'll just spray a little of this around to cut the glare down. AND it will peel off when I want to! Should match my midnight!

Some folks have a problem with the glare and some don't. I think it depends upon the height of the rider....maybe more than the height but the actual length of the torso. It changes the angle for each rider. I never had a problem with reflections but some do.

Some folks have a problem with the glare and some don't. I think it depends upon the height of the rider....maybe more than the height but the actual length of the torso. It changes the angle for each rider. I never had a problem with reflections but some do.

Thats probably it, since we are both about the same height and I dont have a problem either!

Craig

Thats probably it, since we are both about the same height and I dont have a problem either!

Craig

This is not a RSV problem. The RSTD has a hell of a lot more chrome up front to reflect, then the addition of driving lights adds to it and the Midnight models are even worse. I have all three.

Gotta get me some Plasti-dip!

To get an idea on a RSV what this is like, get a mirrored ball like the ones used in disco clubs, mount it just above the gas tank cap and go for a ride on a sunny day.

That's the midnight RSTD! Kinda ironic!