IGNORED

Trike steering

Spud

somewhere, on the net, just the other day, i saw "steering kits for metric bikes"

the kit consisted of a new steering head /w bearings, that increased the "rake" of the front end..

i'll see if i can locate the page again. i think it was on a "lehman trike " webpage.

just jt.

I just installed the Steerite kit on my 86 trike that I did. It was $950 but it was the best $950 you can spend on a trike to make it steer easy. I drove my 86 for a year before doing the rack kit and before you had to push and pull pretty good on the bars in tight corner but now if you think you want to turn the bike is turning already. Very easy to turn the trike now and I enjoy the ride much more then before without the kit installed. I installed the kit this last winter and have put on about 3000 mile with it and love it. YES it is very exspenive put well worth it in the long run. The way I look at it if you are having trouble turning your trike that is not fun and that is what riding is all about , HAVING FUN. Once you put the rack kit on you will start to have fun with your trike.

Just my 2 cents

http://www.sidecars.ca/steerite.htm they do a great job and very fast turn around .

I do not know for sure or not but just call them. They are very nice to deal with and I think they are the only ones in the world that does this.

When I wanted my 86 done I called them and they said over the phone they could do it.

I forgot to say also that they build in a little left in the steering to take the pull out of the trike to the right.

My 86 goes down the road straight as a arrow now . no more pull to the right.

Give them a call to see and let us know.

Bikenut

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a thought....Bill Hathaway....Midwest City OK has a RSV/Tri-wing trike with a raked front end (E-Z Steer)..Know he worked with Tri-Wing to develop it....considering it for my Dragon Lady if I can ride his this summer (like to see if it's worth the $$)

• 4 weeks later...

Try putting a rear tire on the front. I have done this and it greatly improved the steering as there is a larger contact patch and the tire wears much longer. I have been averaging about 40,000 miles per tire. I use the heck out of mine in bad roads, up and down the alcan highway the last 5 years every year.

• 1 year later...