IGNORED

Seeing in the rain

Shamue

SEEING IN THE RAIN

I have used this many times and it works well.

As a young patrolman, one night it was raining so hard you couldn't make out the front of the car I was driving. I was riding with an Old Salt 35 yrs. ago and he suggested I put on my sunglasses. WHOW! All of the sudden the visibilty in front of my windshield was perfectly clear. Almost as if there was no rain. You can see the rain bouncing off the road, it even works with the spray or kickup from semi's and cars. You will see the drops of rain on the windshield but NOT the sheet of rain falling. I have worn my sunglasses even at night to see in the rain and disperse the blinding headlights of people that drive in the rain with their brights on. It works, but you do loose some visibility. Ever since being told, I've always carried dark glasses when I travel, now I use a pair of flip-ups. Any dark glasses will work, just try it. REMEMBER DRIVING AT NIGHT WITH SUNGLASSES IS AGAINST THE LAW IN MOST STATES, BUT THIS MAY SAVE YOU FROM PULLING OVER AND GETTING HIT BY SOMEONE ELSE THAT CAN NOT SEE IN THE RAIN UNTIL YOU GET TO A SAFE PLACE TO STOP.

REMEMBER TO NEVER RIDE IN THE RAIN USING YOUR CRUISE CONTROL MC OR CAGE.

Pass this on to all your friends and family, IT SHOULD BE TAUGHT IN DRIVER'S ED CLASSES.

Thanks for sharing that tip.

I wonder if its the polarized sunglasses that work or just the tint?

I can see where the polarizing would take the bouncing light away, just never ever thought of it.

Brian

The glasses in the early mid 70's were just plain jane.

Now I use perscription polarizing and it works very well.

I've used the cheapest plastic safety glasses and they work.

I don't like wearing polarized sunglasses on my 2nd Gen RSV as the factory windshield is made of Polycarbonate plastic. I get LOTS of rainbow effects due to the stress in the plastic.....

that said, I have not looked through my windshield with polarized sunglasses without direct sunlight on the windshield...

I use the HD sunglasses that you see on TV. I use the ones with bifocals. They work great at nite. We had six inches of rain last nite and I put my sunglasses on while driving the car and I could see alot better. No glare from headlights and I could see right through the sheets of blowing rain.

tew47