IGNORED

2006 RSTD Ultrastar

Looks great!

I really like the Harley tour packs, mainly because they open from the side.

Can't say how many times I gotten off my bike, put my helmet on the passenger seat, and then went to open the trunk, which, of course, was limited by the helmet.

I've seen Harley riders even go into a tour pack with the passenger seated and scooting up slightly.

• 6 months later...

Hi Phil,

I'll get you some pictures together soon. For my trunk I bought the trunk bracket for a RSV from Pinwall Cycles on eBay and also some trunk lights from another vendor. I bought the RSV seat and pillion from Pinwall and I got a bracket/adapter to allow me to mount RSV pillion to RSTD. I bought a third party HD style trunk and then bought HD passenger backrest and luggage rack for it. I bought a Wide Open Customs fairing and had it all painted and striped OEM... Looks pretty nice I think. I found some first gen RoyalStar badges and centered one on the front of the fairing and the rear of the trunk which gave it a nice "OEM" look. I've gotten many compliments ranging from little old ladies to die hard HD folk telling me what a beautiful machine it is. I've got 60,000 miles on it right now and am looking to get to 100,000 in the not to distant future. Still runs great with no major problems. I'll try to get some pictures up later today or this evening.

Tommy aka Starpheus

I went out to measure the gap on mine and it is exactly 1/4 inch. I took a small piece of insulating foam and wrapped it with a piece of chrome tape cut to fit, both foam and tape about 1 inch long, then fit it into the curved slot of the ring to fill out the gap... I've tried to attach an image... I'll try again if it doesn't upload.

Hey great looking Bike, its good too know there is some creative people left in this world.

WildBill1,:lightbulb:

Hey Tommy,

Wonderful!....look forward to the pictures

When you say an RSV bracket, are you talking about the support system that connects to the bike itself and then the trunk attaches to it?

I have the quick release back rest and luggage rack....so you didn't cut the back rest off and then mount the trunk to the luggage rack?

I had considered just cutting the back rest off at the luggage rack and attempting to mount the trunk to the luggage rack...but I think that would put the trunk up too high....plus I don't want to destroy the back rest.

Also, who did your painting?....maybe I should just bring my bike to you and let you make mine match???

Thanks,

Phil

Hey Tommy,

Wonderful!....look forward to the pictures

When you say an RSV bracket, are you talking about the support system that connects to the bike itself and then the trunk attaches to it?

I have the quick release back rest and luggage rack....so you didn't cut the back rest off and then mount the trunk to the luggage rack?

I had considered just cutting the back rest off at the luggage rack and attempting to mount the trunk to the luggage rack...but I think that would put the trunk up too high....plus I don't want to destroy the back rest.

Also, who did your painting?....maybe I should just bring my bike to you and let you make mine match???

Thanks,

Phil

I thought about cutting the back rest but I ended up just buying the RSV trunk mount and selling my backrest to help off set expenses. Don Ray in Boaz painted the trunk and fairing. Did a great job too. Pricey! About $1100... Looks just like factory though.