IGNORED

2015 Star

scooter45

If bull**** was Music Yamaha would have a brass band, I really hope you're not waiting for another venture to come out. Yamaha is making more money on the midsize motorcycles they're not going to try to attempt another touring bike

You do realize that Yamaha makes musical instruments also, don't you?

So, technically, they really do have a brass band. :Bunny:

It was announced at the last meeting......"Hey we really screwed up with that Venture from 83 to 93!!! The damn things won't wear out still look better than most things out there!!!" How we gonna sell something that doesn't come up to those standards??" Better get them guys a bigger drawing board!!:stirthepot:

All I ever see in advertisements is the bolt. Does anyone buy that bike? I'm sick of seeing the bolt.

I did the test ride on the bolt last year. I really liked it.

But I have my 2003 883R Sportster (carbureted and solid engine mounts) to use as a comparison.

The Bolt was sporty, responsive, and overall quite impressive as long as you consider what you'd use it for.

Maybe I'll replace the Sportster with one a few years from now...or, maybe not, as I may punch the Sportster out to a 1200 or 1250 just for fun.

When I started looking for a bike to get back to riding in 07 I saw a lot of sporty's for sale. I bet 70% of them were 883 and punched. I guess the idea was to get something tagged under 90cc to get the cheaper rates on insurance.

I have seen a few around here and they are kind of neat looking. But not my cup of tea.

If you're a moderately good mechanic, it's just cheaper to punch out an 883 then to straight-up buy a 1200.

You also have a little lower gearing due to the smaller front sprocket of the 883. Get outa the hole quicker, but do have more revs and vibes on the highway.

The R version Sportsters have the wider handlebars and, in my opinion, a better riding position. The Bolt's bars aren't as wide, but that bike seems to handle much better anyway.

Edited by Beau-Kat