IGNORED

question about Avon Venom

midnightrider1300

Apparently Avon makes 2 Avon Venom tires...

http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/motorcycle-tires/avon-am42-venom-reinforced-motorcycle-tire

http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/motorcycle-tires/avon-am42-venom-motorcycle-tire

Now I'm assuming I'd want the reinforced tire .... But BikeBandit is the only site that shows the 2... thing is the reinforced tire is cheaper.... i guess it's on of those things that makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....any thoughts on the 2 ?:confused24:

I`ve been running H rated venoms for about 8 or 9 years,this summer I thought I`d save a few bucks so I bought Conti-Milestone`s well that was a crappy idea,they wore out in 6500 miles so definitely going back to Avon Venoms,lesson learne:confused24::confused24:d,if you buy cheap you get cheap.

I`ve been running H rated venoms for about 8 or 9 years,this summer I thought I`d save a few bucks so I bought Conti-Milestone`s well that was a crappy idea,they wore out in 6500 miles so definitely going back to Avon Venoms,lesson learne:confused24::confused24:d,if you buy cheap you get cheap.

I"ve always run Dunlop E3 and have been really pleased, BUT it has gotten where I can't get them & when you do find them they are 20-$30 higher than AVON .... I put Avon venom on the rear of my 05 bike in April, I loved the ride but since i've sold that bike I don't know about the wear....I got 22k out of the last E3 ...

:confused24:

Love the Avons. I go for the increased load (H) as it is my two-up touring machine and heavy loaded. Besides the wife gets upset when I cruise at the 130mph speed rating of an H rated tire. So I figure the 149 mph rating of the V tire is just a waste :crackup:

The only one I ever had or will started tearing at end of tread grooves. Every place there was an inlaid point or on some just plain inlaid corners it started to separate. I'm not chancing it again. I'd really hate having my front tire come apart on me when it wasn't even showing wear.

The only one I ever had or will started tearing at end of tread grooves. Every place there was an inlaid point or on some just plain inlaid corners it started to separate. I'm not chancing it again. I'd really hate having my front tire come apart on me when it wasn't even showing wear.

I'm just curious.... was it a "V" rated or a "H" rated tire?