IGNORED

Anyone close to me that own a carb sync tool?

Guest Bluestreak

Guest Bluestreak

I live about 30 miles N of Tulsa, OK. Would be willing to travel a bit (or maybe a lot) to gain some knowledge from someone who has the tool and expertise to assist.

Guest Bluestreak
If you cant find a local donor, I have a gauge style tool that works well for me. I would be willing to send it to you with the instructions. It is not really a difficult procedure, the first time is a bit of a trial but not that bad.

Thank you for the offer. Let me see.

Guest Bluestreak
It depends on what you consider close to you. I have one and your more than welcome to stop by and use it.:whistling:

Hmmm... Never been to Canada... How's the weather?

Guest Bluestreak
that is much like asking how is the weather in the USA

I know California is in drought and burning.... are you also?

I guess I wasn't expecting you to know the weather in all of Canada, probably not likely that I would make the trip anyway. Our weather locally has been pretty nice even fall-like. It seems to be warming back up though. In Oklahoma it seems like the weather can change rapidly.

I lived in the Southwest corner for almost 20yr. And I can guarantee down there the weather changes faster than the wife's mind in the spring. It will be 100 deg and the clouds start rollin and next thing you know sky is sort of green and temp drops 20 deg or so and it gets ugly fast.

Most of the time down there in summer just hot like over 100 hot all summer. Fla has been hot this year and humid even here in center of state

Guest Bluestreak
Just put on over here to Ruidoso, NM and we'll do some bench racing and generally get 'er done.

Goose

That would be a nice ride. Got friends that went there last week.

Guest Bluestreak
Hey Bluestreak, we're 10 miles east of Tulsa. We are gone right now, but will be home in 2 weeks. Phil (NEWTrk) will be happy to work with you and the car tune.

Diane

This is a lot closer to me. Will touch base with you guys when you get back.

Something to think about as well if Phil and Diane can't help you out (but they probably can) is come down here to Cleveland Texas on October 18th for my fall maintenance day. I have all the tools you need and there will be a lot of other bike nuts here, it's always a good time :thumbsup2:

Guest Bluestreak
I've tried this homemade set up with decent results. Its a bit tricky but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. See what you think. Homemade 4 Cylinder Carburetor Synchronizer/Manom…:

I think I will have someone assist me first. Thanks

Guest Bluestreak
Something to think about as well if Phil and Diane can't help you out (but they probably can) is come down here to Cleveland Texas on October 18th for my fall maintenance day. I have all the tools you need and there will be a lot of other bike nuts here, it's always a good time :thumbsup2:

I would enjoy attending a maintenance day and get to know more about this bike and meeting folks..., but I have a rally scheduled that week in Arkansas. I've got invites to New Mexico, Canada, Missouri, Texas and closer to home east of Tulsa. Thank you all for being willing to assist.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bluestreak

Met with Phil and Rosebud last night. Enjoyed the visit. My carb settings were not far off. I had no issues when I started, just expected it had never been done.

Thanks Phil (Newtrk) and Rosebud.