IGNORED

Removing inner frt farring

kwisor

Hello all i am in the process of disassyming my 1999 rsv to repaint it i looked for a thread on that process and could not find one can anyone point me in the ridght direction on the correct way to do this i will try to take pohots and do a writr up on it

thank you

kevin wisor

1999 rsv

jax fl

I did it earlier this summer to remove, inspect, repack, and tighten my steering head bearings. It is a PITA to do, but not difficult.

Disconnect the battery before you do anything.

Make sure you keep track of the bolts and where they go. Suggest using a muffin tin with masking tape across the top of the holes so you can write down what is in each tin hole.

Label the cables (both ends) as you disconnect them. Fortunately, Yamamama made all the connectors (with the exception of the radio controller - but they are color coded) unique so there isn't much chance of mixing them up.

Take pictures of the wire routing before removing anything. Place a folded towel across the front fender so anything that drops doesn't ding the fender. Have a handfull of zip ties available to button everything up when you are done.

While you have the fairing off, check and/or tighten the steering head bearings. If you are interested, this would be a good time to install some Flanders bars and/or SS brake/clutch lines. Everything will be easy to get to.

There really is no key to doing this, just takes patience. Good luck.

RR