IGNORED

LED Passing Lamp Replacement

stardbog

Everybody knows Venture's Chargin system is just not enough for all Accessories and heated clothing, so every Watt count. Thats one of reasons I Didn't install Passing Lamps on my Venture. Well here is Cure.

Found This very usefull site with direct replacement LED lights for most daylight passing lamps. They make all kind of LED Bulbs with H3, H4 , H7 and H11 base. They have very resonable prices too. Well Check Out By Yourself.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR

Good Luck.

Seems to be an interesting site. Lots and lots of bulbs available and at really reasonable prices. I think I'll order a bunch and see what happens.

As far as a use for passing lamps though, I would think that according to the specs you will be seen. But will you see much in the dark is my question. I haven't yet seen any LEDs that do any sort of a job on giving out light that can be used for illumination. So far I will stick with incadescents or halogens for my passing lamps, but marker lights and signals would be interesting to change.

Well Karl, it say daylight passing lamps. 1W 16 chips led is bright. They are designed to relife electrical system and give you more juice for some other stuff. Never try any of of those bulbs myself, so I cant say how bright is at night, but once again this is very interesting stuff, I never seen before. Probably some of our members are going to be interesting to have passing lamps , and heated Clothing on at same time. 2W total electrical draw, and 70W are not a same, plus if they replace turn signals and tail /break Light with LED's there is Additional 40W-60W saving. Cost less Money and hassle to upgrade LED's then Hi Output Charging system. ( Ask Squidley) :rotf::rotf:

• 1 month later...

Anyone able to recommend the best model LED tailight bulb for the first gen. Venture? I don't want to sacrifice any brightness (in the best interest of safety), but would like to save some Wattage for those hot days in stop and go traffic.

Thanks for the site, this is a great selection.

Anyone able to recommend the best model LED tailight bulb for the first gen. Venture? I don't want to sacrifice any brightness (in the best interest of safety), but would like to save some Wattage for those hot days in stop and go traffic.

Just got some from SuperBright but haven't installed them yet. I'll post my findings when I do. Bought some from CTC that didn't do the trick, they were bright enough but very little difference in the daytime when the brakes come on, so I'll try these and let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

what ended up being your experience? I just got the blue 07 venture and want to light it up a bit changing the passing, tail, and turn signal lights... which ones did you get? I don't guess i know the base type, etc? Does anyone know what types i would need for this bike?

I love LEDs but not for passing lamps... If you want a daytime running light and a passing lamp then get the Stratoliner Passing Lamps... they have 2 bulbs in each.. I have the Strat lamps but wired them together and I run Silverstar 55W bulbs and have no charging issues.

I use the customdynamics 1.85" Raidentz bulbs with the normal base extremely bright the standard brightness is like having the brake light on until you put the brake lights on then they are super bright. In a heavy rain storm friends said my tailights were extremely visible. I have a post about it somewhere.

I love LEDs but not for passing lamps... If you want a daytime running light and a passing lamp then get the Stratoliner Passing Lamps... they have 2 bulbs in each.. I have the Strat lamps but wired them together and I run Silverstar 55W bulbs and have no charging issues.

Photos???? Part numbers?? and were they easy to install?????

What bulb types do they take???? are they H-3????