IGNORED

Looking for a place to buy batwing fairing

I have an 07 royal star touring and want to put a fairing on it that looks like the HD fairing that are on street glides been looking at the wreck less ones does any body no if there a good fairing and what to buy and how they mount also want one with a radio thanks

You might try Reckless Fairings, They make a bunch. But I have to say I put an HD style one on my Roadstar and so Far I have broke 4 sets of mounts. They push a LOT of air! I still have it, with the Fairing on it, But I use the Venture for any road trips because the HD style Fairing just pushes too much air.

I had a friend who bought a really nice Stealth fairing off Ebay for less than $300 and it is nice. It uses the stock Road Star windshield mounts which I think are the same as the Tour Deluxe. It is the one on Ebay that offers two windshields from some trailer place. You have a choice of a fairing made for 2 speakers or 4 speakers. He got the one that works for two. You might check it out.

Patrolman1946 purchased a Reckless fairing in Sturgis last summer. He is pleased with it. The fairing has its own mounts that bolt to existing holes on the side of the fork tubes. They installed it while we waited. Bubble wrapped his stock windshield and carried it home on the bike. Gloss black matched his midnight RSTD well.

I mounted a reckless on my 900 Vulcan. I mounted my own radio rig in it. Looking back I think if I was going to have a radio in it I would just go with their rig that mounted up. About 3 months after I fabricated brackets and figured everything out, Memphis shades came out with a bat wing fairing. they have quality stuff and I had very good service from them also on a windshield I had bought.

Taz

Ventures have a fairing. Only the RS Tour Classic [like mine] and the Tour Deluxe could use/need a fairing. I'd like to have one for my TC but finding parts for a bike old enough to vote can be "fun". :D

can this fairing be mounted on royal star venture

I had a friend who bought a really nice Stealth fairing off Ebay for less than $300 and it is nice. It uses the stock Road Star windshield mounts which I think are the same as the Tour Deluxe. It is the one on Ebay that offers two windshields from some trailer place. You have a choice of a fairing made for 2 speakers or 4 speakers. He got the one that works for two. You might check it out.

I will look into that he was happy huh I've Hurd others were un happy with some that came from eBay

I bought my reckless off e-bay. I called them and asked 50 questions on things long before I bid on it. After I got it I called them twice and they helped me out. SO I would say A+ on customer service.

I will look into that he was happy huh I've Hurd others were un happy with some that came from eBay

He is very happy with his. I have seen it and it is very good quality. You might contact them first to make sure they mount to the Tour Deluxe. If I am correct - the Tour Deluxe shares the same Windshield as the Road Star so they should be a direct bolt on. He got it for less than $300 shipped with two windshields.

• 1 month later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAGGER-BATWING-FAIRING-WINDSHIELD-YAMAHA-ROYAL-STAR-05-14-FIBERGLASS-/271546336804?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f396c4624&vxp=mtr

This is the fairing I purchased from ebay for my 06 RSTD. Good quality...great price...pretty easy to add the stereo and speakers, skies the limit. The only thing I noticed was that the mounting brackets were just a hair too narrow..but a slight bend was easy enough and had it installed. Try to get everything together the first time around because removing and replacing the front portion of the fairing can be a pain..I will be removing mine soon to install an amp. So far I am THRILLED with the fairing...still miss my tall windshield whenever I hit a swarm of bugs though..safe riding..Ill try to post pics of the fairing later.