IGNORED

Has anyone installed Hot Grips?

Guest One Norse

Guest One Norse

I've ordered Hot Grips ( from hotgrips.com) for my 06 RSV and I'm wondering if anyone has advice on the installation. My snowblower came with a pair already on as a stock feature, and when I found out that they make them for cycles I thought it would be a good idea.

I installed hot grips on my RSV soon after I bought the bike.seven years ago. If I remember correctly the only problem I incountered was that the throttle has "ribs" on it. So you will need to sand/grind the ribs off of the throttle after removing the OEM grips. Everything that I needed came with the kit that I bought. An epoxy is used to cement the Hot Grips in place so be sure and position the grip where you want it. Make sure that the movement doesn't interfere with the action of the throttle, clutch, brake etc.

You will need to place the heat sink somewhere. I put the heat sink under the triple tree so that it would have plenty of air as I rode. I bought a micro switch for mine and located it on that plastic cowl that goes around the fuel filler lid. This requires drilling so you might not want to put it there.

The Hot Grips switch is three way, Low-Off-High.

Hope this helps.

BTW I use a fused relay that that is only on when the ignition is turned on. that way you can't walk away and run the battery down.