IGNORED

Drilling baffles

I love my 07 Venture but I hate the sound of the exhaust. Sounds like it's missing all the time. I'm thinking of drilling some holes in the rear of the exhaust. The local stealer mechanic says it shouldn't cause any carb problems of any kind.

I'd appreciate any info you can give me.

Eddie:bighug:

I wouldn't waste my time drilling out the RSV mufflers. You think they sound bad now, drilling em out makes em sound like a mouse farting in a coffee can, seriously....

I have heard unaltered Roadking/electraglide/ultraclassic/roadglide mufflers on the RSV and it is a definite improvement over stock mufflers. They are not louder, but deeper toned.

You won't have any carb problems because almost all of your back pressure will be coming from the head pipes and not the mufflers.

Installed some RK's last fall and they were altered and not sure what I had just bought. I can not believe how loud these things are. I am certain to be saving gas since I feel awkward getting on it too hard. Sounds good so my neighbor says :)

Hoping the wife approves of them, or we will be buying something else somewhat quieter. :)

David

Guest KitCarson
I wouldn't waste my time drilling out the RSV mufflers. You think they sound bad now, drilling em out makes em sound like a mouse farting in a coffee can, seriously....

I have heard unaltered Roadking/electraglide/ultraclassic/roadglide mufflers on the RSV and it is a definite improvement over stock mufflers. They are not louder, but deeper toned.

You won't have any carb problems because almost all of your back pressure will be coming from the head pipes and not the mufflers.

Now this sound I gotta hear!! I have a coffee can.....got to catch a mouse and squeeze it......see what a mouse farting in a can sounds like......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::sign20:

I think the sound of roadking mufflers are good. You can actually have three different levels depending on whether you use them stock or drill one baffle out or drill both baffles out. There is definely a deeper rumble than with the stock Venture exhaust. I perfer just drilling the front baffle out myself. Plus the price you cannot beat. Just my two cents worth.

:cool10:

Go to your local Harley shop and ask if there are

any new RK's out in the dumpster.. they new

owners want louder pipes and have the RK's removed

before they pick there bikes up... I got mine off eBay

for 30.00 shipped a couple years ago.

Jeff

I modified my exhaust by drilling 1/2" holes in the baffle plates and am very happy with the result. The advantage is that if your local police/authorities deem your exhaust too loud, you can use stainless steel buttons to plug them up again. There is a "how to" on the "other" Venture web site which I used.

http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002009&id=193

Good luck

• 1 month later...
I got a set of the RK's on ebay like new for $35, got Squidley's bracket and a clamp, drilled out the front baffle and they're as loud as I want on a touring bike. Nice V8 sounding rumble. I put my new stockers away for possible future use. All for less than $100 total.-Jack

I just got a set of RK slip-ons, what size hole did you drill in the baffles??

Guest jsilance1

I picked up a Set of Screaming Eagle Slash-Cuts off an 07 Ultra for $75.00 and put them on my 07, Sounds great... Used the Factory Harley Clamps, and covered the Clamps with some Heat Sheilds that were cut to fit. Looks Factory..

I picked up a Set of Screaming Eagle Slash-Cuts off an 07 Ultra for $75.00 and put them on my 07, Sounds great... Used the Factory Harley Clamps, and covered the Clamps with some Heat Sheilds that were cut to fit. Looks Factory..

jsilance1, How 'bout a photo.

Kreg, Would like to see and hear your new pipes. Maybe we can meet soon.

:happy34:

Ponch, as soon as I get them installed and get my mic-mutes installed we plan on getting in some rides.. Janet had knee surgery yesterday, so we will have to see how that goes as well, I spoke with Don (txventure) yesterday and we are talking about getting a good ride /M&E lined up soon..

Take care,

Kreg