IGNORED

Beer Cheese

Ben Rollins

So the wife and I started a new business recently manufacturing and selling her family recipe of beer cheese, We are starting small and just made a Facebook page to promote it, If your on Facebook will you check out our page and like it, and please don't make fun of the picture she posted of me taking our first cooler full into the store to be put on the shelves. We hope it takes off in our area but it doesn't it was fun trying.

Thanks,

Ben and Holly

Thanks again Don for letting me post this.

https://www.facebook.com/bellsbeercheese?ref=bookmarks

I gotta ask...how do ya make cheese with beer, and why would you? If the beer is good it should be consumed before making cheese with it. If it's not good then it probably is natty light or something...don't want the beer OR the cheese tasting like that!

9000 years ago my folks went up into Canada from Buffalo and brought back a bunch of Beer Cheese. Loved the stuff. It was so sharp it took the roof of my mouth off...and cauterized my cleft palate. The wife and I overnighted in Niagra on our tour of the US, searched but couldn't find any. I wonder if Bell ships??

• 3 weeks later...

There should be a way around the overnite cost. The vet supply I get stuff from for the horses uses cold packs and mini coolers to ship stuff in. It wouldn't be cheap but it shouldn't cost $70 to do it. And there are other outfits that ship meat and cheese products that would be able to give you some ideas as to how to do it. My in laws used to send us a 30# box of Wisconsin cheese every Xmas for years. Hubby just had to have his Shullsburg cheese!! [sp?]

BTW Put me on the list for possible future shipments!! It sounds like some interesting stuff!!

Sorry Condor, Fedex says it would cost 68$ to overnight it to Cali, That's alot for a 5$ tub of kick as# cheese. It has to be kept cool.

Yikes!! Well thanks for trying Ben.... :) The stuff my folks brought back from Canada was sealed in a plastic baggy still in the round and floating in beer, and it wasn't kept in a cooler when they took a week to drive back to CA. Maybe a different process cheese. Dang!! I was starting to drool.... :whistling:

I believe it's Sherries berries that packs it's products in dry ice...that way it doesn't have to be overnighted...

Just a thought ...Joe

P.S. Ben

How come you didn't bring some of your cheese to the international? I'm sure it would have bee a Big Hit!

All the best to you and yours for this start up!

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped off 24 8 oz tubs yesterday and today get a call that they want 24 more 8 oz and 24 16 oz by Saturday, Things are looking good so far. Thanks for all who liked us on our facebook page. Word of the day " I just want to make cheese":fingers-crossed-emo