There as been some nice jobs done on adding the Harley trunk to RSTD's on here. But yours by far has raised the bar. The paint and other details really make it look like it belonged there from the factory. The Yammy badged on the back was a great touch.

:fatsmiley:

Here's a few pics of my latest project. Whaddya think??

I think it look's fantastic great job. I hope my looks half as good when I get mine painted up to match next week. :fingers-crossed-emo

BTW where did you get the yamaha emblem?

Joe

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.

mag1101 - No, I'm not using the stock seats anymore. These are the Mustangs, which I'm happy with. I bought them before I found this site and learned of Rick Butler's seat mods. I probably would have tried that first if I'd known.

Regarding the Yamaha badge - I had a local sign shop make it for me. Some have voiced concerns about using a trademark without permission, however this logo was obtained from a public "freeware" logo site so I was told there are no issues.

Glenn

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.

mag1101 - No, I'm not using the stock seats anymore. These are the Mustangs, which I'm happy with. I bought them before I found this site and learned of Rick Butler's seat mods. I probably would have tried that first if I'd known.

Regarding the Yamaha badge - I had a local sign shop make it for me. Some have voiced concerns about using a trademark without permission, however this logo was obtained from a public "freeware" logo site so I was told there are no issues.

Glenn

With respect to Trademark issues, its only a real problem if you start producing them for resale without permission.

Looks very nice. I have the Harley trunk with Pillow back rest. I have the Venture pillow top seats and they match near perfectly. You probably know, but harley also has a smooth back rest that would match the Mustang seats pretty close.

Regarding the trademark, that makes sense. Since I have no intentions of having these badges made to resell, I guess I'm in the clear.

The pillow backrest is the one that came with the Harley trunk when I bought it. I've seen the smooth backrests you mention, but I haven't decided if I want to replace it, or go with the Venture pillow top seats like you did. It's very tempting... I've read that the Venture passenger pillion will bolt right on but some mods are required for the driver's seat?

Thanks for the positive comments.

I've read that the Venture passenger pillion will bolt right on but some mods are required for the driver's seat?

Thanks for the positive comments.

My post , third one in this thread, explains what you need to do to install the Venture rear pillion.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60469

The venture front seat just needs L-brackets. I have pictures that show the venture and TD driver seat side by side and the brackets here http://www.venturerider.org/forum/album.php?albumid=889

There is a thread here somewhere with the bracket dimensions but I can't seem to find it. User jemorrisonjr was having some made out of stainless steel. Pretty cheap, His cost 7.50 plus SH, not sure if thats still the price.

RSTDdog

• 2 years later...