IGNORED

For the R/C Airplane folks

wes0778

The insurance carried is liability and some have theft insurance.

Getting crash insurance on a RC aircraft would be like getting full coverage on a NASCAR.

It ain't gonna happen.

When you fly RC you have to expect that any flight could be the aircraft's last.

Crash yes, to burn is very rare, but does happen. There are YouTube vids of RC going up in smoke. Those are painful to watch, there is usually literally nothing left salvageable.

That is an interesting Vid.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a Corsair foam with a nice direct drive electric motor a few years back. Finally got myself and the plane ready to fly. Yup used a couple years to practice on the 'puter b4 hand. The plane has yet to fly because being the dork I am I pretested the plane inside but forgot one thing. I should of removed the prop b4 attempting to recalibrate the throttle control. You guessed it, I ran it full power into a wall and shattered it to pieces.

Biggeast brain lapse I have had in a while.

Plant survived me making a tossed salad out of it and my hands have heeled from the cuts. it was actually a situation of the transmitter needing to be matched to the transponder. can't recall the name they called it again. Once I did what i was supposed to do the plane took off like a bat out of heck as I had the controls reversed. Cat is still in hiding.

• 1 year later...
Plant survived me making a tossed salad out of it and my hands have heeled from the cuts. it was actually a situation of the transmitter needing to be matched to the transponder. can't recall the name they called it again. Once I did what i was supposed to do the plane took off like a bat out of heck as I had the controls reversed. Cat is still in hiding.

If it was a new type radio, 2.4g, they probably meant "binding". that's where you match Tx to Rx. I flew RC for a few years. Planes bursting into flames is sometimes caused by a ruptured LiPo battery pack. Those things can be dangerous if not treated with respect. The fuel is alcohol, caster oil and nitro methane mix. I starting to miss it lol. Insurance is usually handled by M.A.A.C. Most established clubs and fields won't let you fly without it.