IGNORED

Rear Brake Master Cylinder

Well, when I tried to remove the fill bolt, the side of the reservoir broke off!

Yea , I should have known better. Haven't found anything on Ebay as of yet, still a little to upset to call the local dealer, I'm not even sure that they sell just the reservoir seperately.

Have you tried Buckeye Performance. He sells a lot of yamaha parts and you get a discount because he is a member. buckeyeperformance.com I have ordered from him before and will in the future. Give him a try, his phone is on the website, along with his e-mail address. joe

Thanks Saddle_bag,

I sent him an Email.

When re-installing the fill plug it's imperative not to tighten to solidly. Those pot metal reservoirs are known to have that piece broke off when trying to remove. I tried re-attaching mine a couple of different ways (epoxy, JB weld and such) to no avail. It's just to hard to get the porous pot metal clean enough and brake fluid eats everything. I used JB weld to hold it together long enough to find another one on e-bay.

Dick

Just like third bike came through for cjacobs..... I have had fellow members come through for me when once I was looking for a headlight and another time for a rear brake rotor....

I'd suggest posting ones need or needs on this forum before going to ebay :hihi:

Just like third bike came through for cjacobs..... I have had fellow members come through for me when once I was looking for a headlight and another time for a rear brake rotor....

I'd suggest posting ones need or needs on this forum before going to ebay :hihi:

i have to totally agree with you , bob.

9 times out of 10, someone here, has one , of whatever you need, that they will GIVE you, or sell very cheap!~

look here first, and you will not be disappointed.

just jt

• 4 weeks later...
well, when i tried to remove the fill bolt, the side of the reservoir broke off!

Yea , i should have known better. Haven't found anything on ebay as of yet, still a little to upset to call the local dealer, i'm not even sure that they sell just the reservoir seperately.

This doesn't have to happen. Support the flat sided filler spout with a 16mm open wrench and turn against the 16 with a 14mm on the plug's hex head. That way you are neutralizing the stress placed on the thin sides of the pot metal fluid reservoir. Replace the plug with a brass or nylon washer and just snug it down. End of story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...