IGNORED

09 Royal Star Venture

Guest MrBill

Guest JGorom

My guess is that Yamaha will make the new V-Max motor (de-tuned of course) the foundation for the new Venture in either 2009 or 2010 (probably the latter) and also add some other components that it is currently missing to compete with the other big touring bikes.

Why Yamaha keeps everything quiet until the last minute makes no sense to me...I feel they miss out on marketing hype in my view.

My guess is that Yamaha will make the new V-Max motor (de-tuned of course) the foundation for the new Venture in either 2009 or 2010 (probably the latter) and also add some other components that it is currently missing to compete with the other big touring bikes.

Why Yamaha keeps everything quiet until the last minute makes no sense to me...I feel they miss out on marketing hype in my view.

Ahhh but then everyone will wait to buy and not buy the current production model. How would they sell the old stuff? :Bunny:

I guess I'm just an old fart...... The carbs don't bother me, they tune easy - perform well and are not subject to sudden plugging and air-locks. As to the tape deck, who cares- I surely wouldn't want a front loader CD !! I cant even immagine where you would keep the CDs or loading the silly thing on the go, at least this way I have an extra auxiliary input. I wouldn't listen to CD's on a bike anyway!! I don't use the phone either while riding.

On the other hand...ABS would be nice. And to tell the truth a less whinny engine might not hurt either.

Im gonna step out on a limb here. I say 2 new touring bikes. New Venture will a throw back to the older Venture to compete with the Wing and have the 1700 v4. I see a new touring bike that will be to compete with the Ultra based on the Stratoliner with full fairing and such. One can dream cant we?

Why don't somebody just "belly up to the bar" and go to Japan and ask the folks that's building them. Take a tour of the factory. :cool10:

As soon as you send information on how you want to fund the trip I will volunteer to go..........:mo money:

Im gonna step out on a limb here. I say 2 new touring bikes. New Venture will a throw back to the older Venture to compete with the Wing and have the 1700 v4. I see a new touring bike that will be to compete with the Ultra based on the Stratoliner with full fairing and such. One can dream cant we?

People have been going out on that limb (saying style will change back to compete with the Wing) for many years.. It ain't gonna happen!

The Wing and BMW LT have that market sewn up. Yamaha found a niche, people that want a classic looking bike akin to a Harley, but with more power, more comfort, WATER COOLED, and cheaper. Why would they throw that niche away.

I say 2010,, Venture will look almost the same as it does now, with a detuned V-max FI engine, and a 6 disc CD player in the fairing. If they make any more changes than that, I'd bet you could still count them all on one hand.

I like my scoot. But there is one thing that must be gone for me to buy an new one.... the whine! 55 - 60 can be annoying. My second choice for change would be Fuel Injection.

I have less than 14K on my 05 and I'm working on becoming debt free. I'll probably keep this scoot another 4 years. Then we'll see where Yamaha is (not to mention my budget) with the RSV.

Please take a look at this old Article regarding Patents for the new Vmax...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/July/jul30-aug1/july3107yamahavmaxpatentsrevealed/?&R=EPI-93145

These Drawings come from Patents by Yamaha.

Can you imagine the new Vmax being presented with a Fairing ??

Now, we know now, the new Vmax has no Fairing, but why the Heck is a Bike with a Fairing in these Drawings ?

What about a 6th gear? FI would be nice along with the other changes but I was looking at the 08 Ultra Classics and and the three things I would like to have on the Venture are:

1. Gauges on the fairing not idiot lights.

2. Adjustable vents in the upper and lower fairings.

3. A 6th gear for highway driving which I would "venture" to say most of us do a lot of.

Three things kept me from selling my Venture and buying the Ultra Classic.

1. I love my Venture. (I just think the Ultra has more "eye" appeal.)

2.Dependability. The Venture has been extremely dependable for the 10,000 miles I've ridden it and some of my friends have had their share of problems with their NEW HD Ultras (which doesn't encompass the entire fleet but it's what I see up close.) This point is kinda mute because all makes and models have their own issues.

3. Cost. (I'll have to work so much O/T that I won't be able to ride for awhile.)

It wouldn't take much for me to change to the Ultra so we'll see what's new for 09. That will be my determining factor.

What about a 6th gear? ...

3. A 6th gear for highway driving which I would "venture" to say most of us do a lot of.....

I'm sorry to say, but the later 2Gens already have the last two Gears in Overdrive. Both 4th and 5th Gear are geared less than 1.

Understood.... but at Interstate speeds (75-80) it still feels like I should have another gear. I don't have a tach (like the Ultra has) so I don't know what my RPM's are at 80 mph but they don't sound low....

Just my two Lincolns... :2cents:

Understood.... but at Interstate speeds (75-80) it still feels like I should have another gear. I don't have a tach (like the Ultra has) so I don't know what my RPM's are at 80 mph but they don't sound low....

You think the Revs are low ??

Let it fly once, then rethink that. It won't hurt anything, the Rev Limiter will kick in way before anything is endangered. Well, except your DL maybe ...

Seriously, the Revs are low at Interstate Speed, there is much more Life in her. It seems your lugging the Engine quite often.

You can safely take the bike to 80 in third. Wind that thing out and you'll get an idea of what it can do. Too bad we have a rev limit. The bike is capable of much more