IGNORED

What do I need to look at or do while she is naked

Other than the obvious things, Fuel filter, air filters, plugs... Is there any thing that I should look at for replacement, while I will have the bike down to the frame here in a couple of weeks ( other than more time to spend on it and money, cooler weather )

I only need tips/hints , suggestions for the front from the side covers forward... The rear I have a good grasp on,,, getting rid of it.......:innocent: :confused24:

Any thing that I really should do before I strip it down. Once I get every thing off for paint it pretty much becomes a door stop for a couple of weeks........:shock3:

Take pictures!!!:whistling::lightbulb::thumbsup2:

OH I do do that.... I am going to build an album on my photo-bucket for this project. Looking forward to it, and then again NOT Its HOT down here this time of the year, and the shop ain't got air cept'n what blows through,,, not much better in the winter ether.

Now I wished I wasn't Broke...... I need afew things ( want a few things ) that would be easer to do now while there..

Anybody have a good set of Passing lights cheap,,,:confused24:

Best that you check the underpinnings over real close, make sure they are shaped the proper way and don't have any hairs on them, hairs mean that they are kind of new and therefore might be a little too slippery when used. Check for color, cracks and cupping.

After you are satisfied with them, next check out the top end, the handle bars are somewhat important, as their job is to steer you in the right direction, so,, they must have proper shape and form and be of the same size, keeping in mind that not all bars are pleasant at first, but we can sure get used to them in a hurry, 'specially if they perform the necessary tasks.

If there is a windshield, it would be of interest to make sure it will come off, to be cleaned and polished so the the sight line will not be hampered.

The tank should be flat, nicely polished and of good shape so to be able to hold the necessary fuel for a long trip, but not sticking out so far as to be getting in the way.

The seat should be soft and comfy, with enough padding to give it proper shape, but not over stuffed so as to have a detrimental effect when it gets used.

Head lights are always important, and seldom overlooked, but often looked over. They could be small and effective or large and useless, ask any 1st gen owner. When you polish them, make sure you use a light circular motion to start with and then slowly increase the pressure, so to get the desired effects.

For the drive train, the best appraisal would be to go for a good solid test drive to determine the pro's and the con's, but if this scoot is new to you, that might not be allowed, so you might just have to do what is necessary in the drive way. You need to check out whether the clutch slips and the tranny stays in gear, if the center of the scoot is well lubricated, and does a twist on the handle bars bring the desired results under the seat.

Brakes are generally not as important as the rest of the scoot, but you do need to check on their operation,,,, best let some else do the testing, for if they work for some else, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will work for you when the time comes.

So there you have it, anything else you would like to know,,,, don't hesitate to ask

THANK GOODNESS I'm not alone as it pertains to the title of this thread...

Either way... TAKE PICTURES and we'll help out where we can....:Laugh:

Yeah... what he said ... pics... lots and lots of nekkid ones!!! LOL

Be sure to look at the throttle cables esp the ones from thejunction box to the carbs.!st gens had a problem with the pull cable fraying and since its pretty much the same set up its a good thing to check. Set the steering head bearings,maybe replace the brake lines with stainless steel.

Be sure to look at the throttle cables esp the ones from thejunction box to the carbs.!st gens had a problem with the pull cable fraying and since its pretty much the same set up its a good thing to check. Set the steering head bearings,maybe replace the brake lines with stainless steel.

OH I is gonna do the steering head trick for sure cause is am changing out the tree..

I am planning on a lot of lude photos, while I am undressing her right down to the nitty gritty,,,, :innocent:

Getting all excited just thinking about it, and have to wait a good two weeks yet,,,,,,;)

Dang.....the title of this thread had me going until I opened it up and saw the question was towards a bike and not a member of de female gender......sigh.:whistling:

Boomer....who sez its always a good thing to help nekkid wimmen.....:Laugh:

Idunno, he DOES say he has a firm grip on the rear end, but it must be fat because he is talking about getting rid of it...

Idunno, he DOES say he has a firm grip on the rear end, but it must be fat because he is talking about getting rid of it...

Dang it Bongo....ya should have put a "spew alert" on that one.....:rasberry:

Boomer....who has the pygmies cleaning up Coca-Cola which is now everywhere.:Laugh:

Something else to check would be the electrical connections. Seems like a good time to pull them apart and spray some QD electrical cleaner in there, etc.

Of course check all of your bolts and nuts for appropriate tightness, etc.

I am planning on a lot of lude photos, while I am undressing her right down to the nitty gritty,,,, :innocent:

Don't you mean LEWD?

Getting all excited just thinking about it, and have to wait a good two weeks yet,,,,,,;)

So, are you one of those guys who writes the stories in Penthouse??

Oh wait... how do I know about those?? :eek: :eek:

:sign20:

Something else to check would be the electrical connections. Seems like a good time to pull them apart and spray some QD electrical cleaner in there, etc.

Of course check all of your bolts and nuts for appropriate tightness, etc.

:happy34: In the plan. I picked up a tube of dielectric grease, and anti-seize for the plugs ( been borrowing that ), and have the cleaner spray already.

:happy34: In the plan. I picked up a tube of dielectric grease, and anti-seize for the plugs ( been borrowing that ), and have the cleaner spray already.

I see that you indicate that you have both the grease and the cleaner, which is good, so I presume that you probably already know this but I am going to say it anyways just to make sure it is clear to everyone that my not know.

Dielectric grease is good for what it's intended purpose is BUT it is NOT the same thing as electrical contact cleaner. The contact cleaner is a solution that helps clean the contacts, as the name would suggest. The dielectric grease is an insulating compound that helps prevent moisture from collecting (and then corroding) the contacts.

OH yea, I do know that, and acutely plan to (key word there is Plan) to clean the connections that I do by hand if possible. I have a small stainless set of contact brushes that I use for that, and chase it with the contact cleaner then di-electric. I have until Thursday or Friday to work up the list of things that I am going to have to order, and get it all ordered to have it all here when I start rippin things off it.

She is getting a good deep cleaning too. It isn't bad , but why not I am going to have plenty of time while I am waiting for the paint shop,,,,, :(

Other than the obvious things, ... Is there any thing that I should look at for replacement, while I will have the bike down to the frame here in a couple of weeks

If your fairing is off........it's ALWAYS easier to replace the headlight lamp without having to dig in from behind.

If you were thinking about being able to see a little better while night riding, maybe now's the time to pick up one of those SilverStar lamps that double your brightness and width. (they burn out twice as fast, mind you......but, heh.......there's no free lunch, right?)

Have fun!

Mike

Best that you check the underpinnings over real close, make sure they are shaped the proper way and don't have any hairs on them

***** YES make sure its shaped the proper way..

Thats all I gotta say on this..

BTW WELCOME to the site..Ive passed your place many many times..Now Ill stop in to visit!

• 4 weeks later...

It took a while to get this way,,, There are a lot of things to take apart to paint one of these things.

Naked shots:

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/01%20Venture/naked.jpg

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/01%20Venture/naked1.jpg