IGNORED

New safety vest

Freebird

I think its a great idea.. Make sure they get a fair amount of reflective tape on em, like the road workers wear.. Use to wear a neck collar with shoulder pads that tucked into my chest protector while racing dirtbikes, very effective protection..

Now if they filled with helium upon impact,,,,,,,,, sorry Don, couldnt resist..:detective:

I don't think I would ever buy one. that's more than I would pay for suit to be buried in. I have my road worker coat I wear when its cold out. there only 50 bucks at cat rental stores. there good for about two years. it would work good if you just skid down road. not much good when being squished by something. your only safe as other drivers let ya be. :stickpoke:

About 6 months ago I bought (ordered) two jackets with airbags in them. Not vests, full jackets. The manufacturer was Hit-Air. Paid around $500.- per jacket. A lot of money, but I thought I'm getting the ultimate protection for my wife and myself when riding. They had several models available and we picked two we liked (on the photos).

The jackets arrived, we opened the box and .... the quality of the jackets were awful! I'm sure the technology of the airbag inside was nice but the jackets felt like they were made of the garbage bags! Cheap, cheap plastic-ky material that sticks to your skin, paper-thin, non-breathable material,.... They felt worse than any cheap jackets I saw at the cheapest stand at the motorcycle rally or show. I could not believe!... I put my on, and within 30 seconds I was sweating bullets! Pure plastic. We returned them the same day.

Now, they had more models to chose from and maybe others were better quality. At the local equestrian store they have a vests from the same manufacturer and the quality was just fine. But the jackets we received were horrible! Maybe I should try another model but after they charged me for return shipping and restocking fee, I gave up. Got me a Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket with D30 armor and I'm happy with it.

I wish the jackets were better, I still think it's a great idea. Spidi is a high-end company with great quality products (I have their riding pants and they are perfect) so I believe this is a good product. Is it $600.- good (for a vest, so you still need a jacket underneath)? I don't know...