IGNORED

Update on site problem

Freebird

Don, thanks for all you do, I for one never knew the site was down so I guess you are really earning that $12.

I am just home from graveyard shift saw your first post before work now see all the responses after my shift. Too many guys on here up way too early in the morning.

All my sleep deprived self could thing of was David Bowe CH-CH-Changes... listened to it on youtube before I could type this.

You gotta do what ya gotta do.... will miss the original but there is a lot of originals in life we all miss but the clock keeps ticking and we will all survive I am sure.

If we keep the people and we keep the info that is the most important part.

Thanks for joining the sleep deprived group tonight

Kevin

PS: good night now

Pashnit a local MC board just went thru a complete software upgrade, for what I imagine was much the same reason. They were down for the better part of 4 days while the new bulletin board software was installed. That was a month ago and they are still tweeking...

Sure glad you explained the situation.I did a post last night and today it wasn'there.I thought I was losing my mind.I asked my wife if I acted a little strange last night cause I know I posted a reply.Thanks for all you do keeping this great site going.With all the changes coming if you have to raise the membership fee that is ok by me and I am only speaking for me.

I think most of us would be fine going to the newer version even with a loss of the custom changes. They can be added over time. As long as the data can be restored so all old posts are available...I'd be fine with a maintenance window so the upgrade can be done.

:sign yeah that::sign bring it on:

I'd rather adapt to a new board and keep the great people here! Hopefully we wouldn't lose the threads.

Pashnit a local MC board just went thru a complete software upgrade, for what I imagine was much the same reason. They were down for the better part of 4 days while the new bulletin board software was installed. That was a month ago and they are still tweeking...

I am going to commit to it NOT being down for 4 days. I would be shooting for a couple of hours to get it up and operational with all users still intact along with all the old threads. Now I will be tweeting it and adding customizations for weeks or months but that won't require downtime.

I saw that last night and knew that whatever it was, it wasn't good. To say that what you do to run this site is appreciated is an understatement.

I agree, it seems inevitable.

I say do whatever you need to do to make running it easier on YOU.

We'll deal with however it ends up.

Thanks!

I've only been with the site since early '07 but have seen it constantly evolving into the finest "Care & Feeding of a Venture and It's Rider" manual available anywhere. Many people out there never give a thought to the effort and thought that makes a site seem to operate so seamlessly and offer such great support. Your effort and dedication is much appreciated, by all of us.

Change and adaptation are the ways of the world these days. What ever needs to be done to keep this site operational and as user friendly as it is fine by me. In my eye retaining old posts and current users is the focal point. Any and everything else can be dealt with in time. Whatever you need to do to keep this site intact for the future has my full support.

Do what you need to do. We got your back Don.:thumbsup2:

From the tone of the posts, most members realize how important and how time-consuming the volunteer job of ADMIN is. It also requires dedication. Most of us would have gone to bed and worried about it tomorrow!

Us 'ole dogs can learn new tricks! Go for it.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

:canada:

STAR Touring just replaced their website this week.

It does look more like the HD site you mentioned.

With theirs, they did not bring over old data, just membership info.

Lost my 2200 posts,,,, now I forgot what all I said.

They spent over a year and,,,, it has good and not so. Too new to say.

I'm tickled that you plan to retain the wealth of info on this site.

(and the no so too!)

Got to admit, I always just go for home page unless I plan to start a post.

I like the buffet. Hate to lose that but I'll take what's on the table.

And,,,,,,,, THANKS Boss.

I had an idea that something had gone sideways with the server.

I would just like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for the very existence of this site, and to everyone here. I've gotten so much help with this bike here and I would have been quite lost without this place.

I would gladly offer my assistance if I had any more expertise than HTML/CSS, though I do believe it's time to broaden those horizons.

Freebird, I thank you for what you do here. Hopefully our paths will cross one of these days.

If an update is needed and will make life easier for you Don, then we will get used to a new interface given a little time. Thank you for your efforts Boss. :thumbsup2:

:thumbsup:

Also, do we need to take a collection up to pay for costs associated with the upgrade Don?