IGNORED

Hard Copy Manual

If you want a free scanned copy you can come to my house and play with my scanner and my manual for 180 pages. The print on demand showed as available for my 88 but when it came down to it the did not have it available. After much searching I found an original owners manual on ebay. I am perfectly happy with the PDF service manual that I can store in my phone for on the road or on my computer for use at home. I tend to destroy paper manuals.

I have both paper and pdf and prefer to print what I am working on get it all dirty and throw it away. My manual gets a lot of unnecessary wear n tear. I liked the idea of downloading it to my phone....thanks for the thought ...

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/dna9656/IMG_0326.jpghttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/dna9656/IMG_0327.jpghttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/dna9656/IMG_0328.jpghttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk195/dna9656/IMG_0330.jpg

In my garage I have a older computer (that will need to be replaced sometime soon depending on the motorcycle parts market) that I keep copies of my digital service manuals on. I obtained a used 42" flat screen tv for a good price. I use it as a monitor.

Those lousy pictures Yamaha has in the manual are way more clear when you make them 14" X 17". You can also read the text from about 20' away too....the image never falls in an oil pan, get carried away by the wind, gets stepped on, or have to be weighted down with a wrench or other tool. I'm sure there are some TVs like this at the local good will or on craigslist....

Edited by dna9656

In my garage I have a older computer (that will need to be replaced sometime soon depending on the motorcycle parts market) that I keep copies of my digital service manuals on. I obtained a used 42" flat screen tv for a good price. I use it as a monitor.

Those lousy pictures Yamaha has in the manual are way more clear when you make them 14" X 17". You can also read the text from about 20' away too....the image never falls in an oil pan, get carried away by the wind, gets stepped on, or have to be weighted down with a wrench or other tool. I'm sure there are some TVs like this at the local good will or on craigslist....

I still have not owned my first flat screen TV or monitor. Your telling me there are better TVs at Goodwill than what I have in my living room?:crying:

We as a group are like our bikes....dinosaurs. Just not extinct yet..flat screens are the for the weak...i love chugging a 150 lb TV thats 3 cubit ft that has no edge to hold...manly.:crying::crying:

Wimp, Try a 36" Sony (manual says it is 270lbs) tube TV up the stairs with 2 turns. 150 lbs sounds easy......:rasberry:

I loved my 32" Tube TV but my wife wanted HD tv so we bought a 46" HD flat screen. The 32" got mad when we took it upstairs and the audio quit working. So, I tossed it in a dumpster at the county dump. That thing was way heavy!

My 55" weighs about 75lbs., it's in my living room hooked to

my Home Theater PC and we watch Netflix and such, and w/e.

My 46" weighs about 60lbs., it's in my bedroom hooked to

an old laptop for the same.

Flat screens are so much crisp and clearer than old CRT's

and you have the joy of hooking up a computer to them.

I'll never go back!

Sorry for my contribution to the sidetrack of the thread! :stirthepot:

• 2 weeks later...
The owner and shop manuals came and they are bound manuals just like I hoped.

Favor?

Go to the last few pages of the shop manual and look at the electrical schematic for the bike. Are the wire color legends readable?

On the scanned manual we can download, when I zoom in enough to wehre I could read the color legends, they are blurred!

Please let me know how clear the printing is...

thanks!

david

I just received the 'print on demand' shop manual for my 2010 Venture. It is bound the same as my lost original manual. The only thing is the photo on the cover is really crappy. The rest of the manual is the same as the original.

Mike

Favor?

Go to the last few pages of the shop manual and look at the electrical schematic for the bike. Are the wire color legends readable?

On the scanned manual we can download, when I zoom in enough to wehre I could read the color legends, they are blurred!

Please let me know how clear the printing is...

thanks!

david

Yes, the color legend is clear.