IGNORED

$40 Megellan GPS today at woot.com

I stopped shopping WOOT because the new owners... Amazon I think??.... didn't have the same business direction that the original owners had. It became more of a dumping ground for more Amazon products at not much of a discount. It used to be fun. Now it's boring, and I wrote it off.

I have a couple of Megellans, even a 7 inch one. They work good, but I can not use them on the bike because of glare. The 7 inch one I keep in the car and at times it is still hard to see. I wish there was something that I could put over the screen to cut down on the glare, but I have not found it yet.

I have a Garmin on the bike and it is much better outside.

RandyA

I also gave up on Woot with the new owners, many items can be found for less, and the description is just not fun like it used to be.

I am getting close to wanting to replace my ancient old Garmin nuvi 200.

I am not looking for the cheapest that money can buy, I did that back when I got the one I have now.

I want something that will work on both the bike and the car.

I remember reading something that listed other "non motorcycle" Garmins as being waterproof even though the Garmin literature did not mention water proof. They were half the price of the "water proof" ones.

Jeff, I made a "engineered" sun shield that should help with just about anything other than a frog choker. Someone on here gave me the idea. Its made out of index card box from office max. I use a Garmin 765t. I selected it because I could make a route on my PC and import it to the GPS. that feature is fading fast from all but the really expensive ones.