IGNORED

westboro baptist church.........

DragonRider

517-335-6397 or wurfels@michigan.gov FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012

Snyder signs bills to protect mourners against funeral protestors

This should put a crimp in WBC disruptions. :clap2:

LANSING, Mich. – Gov. Rick Snyder today signed legislation to prevent protests and disruptions at funerals and other memorial services.

The two-bill package makes it a felony to protest or otherwise engage in disorderly conduct within 500 feet of a funeral, memorial service, viewing, procession or burial. The felony will be punishable by up to two years’ imprisonment, a $5,000 fine or both. Subsequent offenses could garner up to four years’ imprisonment, a $10,000 fine or both.

“The death of a loved one is a devastating loss, and this is particularly so for the family and friends of Michigan’s military heroes,” Snyder said. “Michigan families should be able to celebrate life and mourn death in peace without such disrespect or interruption.”

also see link http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,4669,7-19 ... --,00.html

House Bills 4284 and 4745, sponsored by state Reps. Bruce Rendon and Kurt Damrow, respectively, now are Public Acts 5 and 6.

GA has had this statute in place for several years now. The WBC posts their intentions to protest funerals on their disgusting web site, but rarely ever show up. They know better. I wasn't there, but I heard that they were a no-show, as usual.

You know the drill Dragonrider. We simply turn our backs. I know of 3 times in all the years the UGs have been protesting that they have been in GA. All three times they were a non-issue. In Athens there were about 15 of them and 150 of us. The family never saw them and didn't even know they were there until someone told them after the service was over. In Columbus they decided not to show after they were in town because the place they were awarded by permit was a mud hole construction site and in Marietta the Father, who was a Pastor changed churches at the last minute and they were protesting over 3 miles away. I can't count the number of times they have posted that they would be here but they have only made the trip 3 times in 6 1/2 years.

In a strange way I'm kind of glad they're around. We Americans can be pretty complacent at times. I'm 54 and don't ever remember an organization like The PGR before we all became indignant about what was happening at the funerals of our fallen. I think of the thousands if not tens of thousands of heroes we have had the chance to honor across the country over the past 6+ years that would have never happened. The news media wouldn't have covered much and these fine men would have passed in anonymity. I would gladly take out any one of these misguided idiots but I just keep thinking of the story of Joseph.

Gen 50:20 "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is to this day, to save much people alive."

When I read about these fools I just quietly think of the irony and know that what we do is blessed.

Thanks for being a part if it Dragonrider.

We had another law similar to this a few years ago that the courts knocked down, so this version was drafted and passed .

I joined the PGR (member number 18276) early in 2006 in response to the UG's and because my son was a Marine at the time and I knew how my wife and I felt with him serving. The thought of someone protesting someone elses loved one, who paid the ultimate price while protecting our country was appaling to me, I had to do whatever I could to help prevent it.

Yes sir, I am a bible believing Christian and have no use whatsoever for those people! I find no shame or violation of biblical standards with serving this great nation we live in! I say if they don't like how this country runs, then leave!!!!!

Amen brother! If these "creatures" ? I'd suggest Iran-they'd fit right in (heh, heh, heh).

I truly cannot believe any American could be such a piece of crap as to "demonstrate" and denigrate an american hero at his funeral. Truly such people are the scum of the earth. I read somewhere that this so called "church" (and it's truly a disgrace to all churchs that they use that name) consists of one prime jerk and his extended family. I sincerely hope they get exactly what they deserve, if not in this life, then in the one beyond....

Where they live in Kansas, they are so well loved and admired in the community, they live in a walled compound to keep the admirer's away, they cant stand all the love that is thrust upon them for all they do for the community and their state. I have a hard time believing the the Baptist allow them to identify themselves with real Baptist.

Amen brother! If these "creatures" ? I'd suggest Iran-they'd fit right in (heh, heh, heh).

I truly cannot believe any American could be such a piece of crap as to "demonstrate" and denigrate an american hero at his funeral. Truly such people are the scum of the earth. I read somewhere that this so called "church" (and it's truly a disgrace to all churchs that they use that name) consists of one prime jerk and his extended family. I sincerely hope they get exactly what they deserve, if not in this life, then in the one beyond....