IGNORED

Arkansas Riding Vacation

Rick Haywood

Just booked this place down by Marshall Arkansas for a week the middle of April. Going down with my wife and another couple from this board (Bryan52577 and Lisa). Going riding as mush as we can and just enjoy the peice and quiet in the evenings around the camp fire. may even have a beer or 3.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.156002567793599.33147.155954591131730&type=3

:thumbsup2::ice_awesome-vi46644

Edited by Rick Haywood

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked this place down by Marshall Arkansas for a week the middle of April. Going down with my wife and another couple from this board (Bryan52577 and Lisa). Goiuch riding as mush as we can and just enjoy the peice and quiet in the evenings around the camp fire. may even have a beer or 3.

Wow! Florida Keys at the end of March and Arkansas mid April is a lot of riding.... :biker::happy34:

Just booked this place down by Marshall Arkansas for a week the middle of April. Going down with my wife and another couple from this board (Bryan52577 and Lisa). Goiuch riding as mush as we can and just enjoy the peice and quiet in the evenings around the camp fire. may even have a beer or 3.

Wow! Florida Keys at the end of March and Arkansas mid April is a lot of riding.... :biker::happy34:

Fun Fun Fun................... and a few of us are doing a Deadwood South Dakota ride in June also. Oh and I forgot B2 mom and Dads in May. I better stock up on oil and filters, looks like

I will be changing it every 3 weeks or so. :thumbsup2:

I see you are filling out your states visited map. :clap2: Good for you! :thumbsup:

Of course, I should talk. We have a few rides planned too in addition to our Florida Keys ride, around Maggie Valley, Pittsburg, and White Mountains. Let the good times roll!

Just booked this place down by Marshall Arkansas for a week the middle of April...

We rode that area last spring, stayed in Harrison. Some of the best riding I've ever done. Check out the roads around Jasper. Be careful on the switchbacks on AR Hwy 123 some of the tightest I've ridden.

[ame=http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/aharbi/2011%20April%20Ozark%20Ride/?action=view&current=042011AR123.mp4]2011 April Ozark Ride :: Riding the Ozarks video by aharbi - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid278.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fkk100%2Faharbi%2F2011%2520April%2520Ozark%2520Ride%2F042011AR123.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid278.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fkk100%2Faharbi%2F2011%2520April%2520Ozark%2520Ride%2F042011AR123.mp4[/ame]

A panorama picture of the Buffalo River Valley.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/aharbi/2011%20April%20Ozark%20Ride/ArkPanorama25.jpg

Edited by aharbi
fix video link

Lisa and I have been in that area before. First thing you notice is the guy that made up the speed limit signs for the corners, was OBVIOUSLY a racer on a crotch rocket! And quite a few of the corners are "banked" the wrong way.

But WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!

PS Nice Video!!!

Bryan

Lisa and I have been in that area before. First thing you notice is the guy that made up the speed limit signs for the corners, was OBVIOUSLY a racer on a crotch rocket! And quite a few of the corners are "banked" the wrong way.

But WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!

PS Nice Video!!!

Bryan

That guy was my third or fourth cousin twice removed on my mothers side he owned a tow truck.:rotf:Help to supplement his income when moonshine business was slow and the revenuer's were after him.:whistling:

Hi, I live in Mountain Home, Ar (north/middle) of the state.One hour from where you will be staying. I have done about 30,000 miles backroad riding here and if you have questions about riding the northern part of the state let me know. I you plan a day on a lake there is Lake Norfork 1/3 mile from my house.

If you want to know about roads south of St. Louis I have family in Chicago and Rockford and have traveled them a number of times.

One thing I will say about riding these roads... with the wtist and turn on back roads you will only travel about 30 to 40 miles in a hour's time.

If you need anything I have a workshop and cycle trailer if needed.

Cb

Hi, I live in Mountain Home, Ar (north/middle) of the state.One hour from where you will be staying. I have done about 30,000 miles backroad riding here and if you have questions about riding the northern part of the state let me know. I you plan a day on a lake there is Lake Norfork 1/3 mile from my house.

If you want to know about roads south of St. Louis I have family in Chicago and Rockford and have traveled them a number of times.

One thing I will say about riding these roads... with the wtist and turn on back roads you will only travel about 30 to 40 miles in a hour's time.

If you need anything I have a workshop and cycle trailer if needed.

Cb

Thanks, You know you could go ride a little with us if you want. We plan on being in Mountain Home one day. We could at least meet for lunch or something. I appreciate your offer of the shop and such and I will keep your number just in case since you never know what is going to happen. Makes it nice to know their is someone close to help just in case. Let me know if you want to ride or meet for lunch.

Rick

And that is just ONE of the many thing that I love about the "family" on this VR site! No matter where you go there is someone willing to give you a shop to work in, info on the area or the shirt off their back if you need it. WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!!!! :clap2: :thumbsup2:

PS Rick I got the motel in MO. reserved for Saturday night.

Is it time to go yet?????????? :smile5:

Bryan

Thanks, You know you could go ride a little with us if you want. We plan on being in Mountain Home one day. We could at least meet for lunch or something. I appreciate your offer of the shop and such and I will keep your number just in case since you never know what is going to happen. Makes it nice to know their is someone close to help just in case. Let me know if you want to ride or meet for lunch.

Rick

I am in North West part of the state, just outside of Eureka Speings.:smile5:

Anything you need in this area, just let me know. :)

I also have a workshop, tools, and traler if needed, a place to stay.

Bilko

I am in North West part of the state, just outside of Eureka Speings.:smile5:

Anything you need in this area, just let me know. :)

I also have a workshop, tools, and traler if needed, a place to stay.

Bilko

THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup2: If you are out riding and see us say HI! :beer:

And if you or anyone ever comes up to Iowa (not sure why anyone would do that on purpose) , :whistling: you can count on help from me if needed, too. :smile5:

Or just stop and say HI, always nice to see another "VR family" memeber. :sign woo hoo:

Bryan

And if you or anyone ever comes up to Iowa (not sure why anyone would do that on purpose) ,

:confused24: Sometimes it's just right on the way home!:thumbsup2:

Have a great time on yer trip guys and gals, that is a nice area to ride in, and ya, watch those switchbacks.:D

Thanks again for last year Bryan, Scooter Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Bryan, I was just checking my list of things to do and take on our trip and was wondering if you can think of anything else?

New tire front

new clutch

fishing gear

trailer ready

you are bringing

Dollars Store coupons

Duct Tape

Ignition switch

I am also bringing

HIP WADDERS FOR THE Mud holes :stirthepot:

NEW OFF ROAD REAR MUD TIRE :stickpoke:

CHAIN SAW to clear the path:rotf::rotf::rotf:

That should cover it right :thumbsup2:

Bryan, I was just checking my list of things to do and take on our trip and was wondering if you can think of anything else?

New tire front

new clutch

fishing gear

trailer ready

you are bringing

Dollars Store coupons

Duct Tape

Ignition switch

I am also bringing

HIP WADDERS FOR THE Mud holes :stirthepot:

NEW OFF ROAD REAR MUD TIRE :stickpoke:

CHAIN SAW to clear the path:rotf::rotf::rotf:

That should cover it right :thumbsup2:

:banana: :rotfl: :rotfl: :banana:

I PROMICE NO off roading from me this trip. Now with that said I have no idea how far OFF in the boonies this cabin you got is? :whistling:

Optonal Items for me to bring since seeing the "Elk" 1/2 mile from the cabin >

Bigger gun

More knives for skinning said food sorce

Lures or worms or explosives for the fish? Let you decide. :smile5:

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup2:

:banana: :rotfl: :rotfl: :banana:

I PROMICE NO off roading from me this trip. Now with that said I have no idea how far OFF in the boonies this cabin you got is? :whistling:

Optonal Items for me to bring since seeing the "Elk" 1/2 mile from the cabin >

Bigger gun

More knives for skinning said food sorce

Lures or worms or explosives for the fish? Let you decide. :smile5:

Bryan

I'm thinking for the fishing part maybe all 3 just in case the first 2 do not show signs of success.

By the way 10 more days and wake up:thumbsup2:

I will have two cans charcoal liter fluid, butane torch so we can start the camp fire easy. (Would just do the rubbing the stick thing but I'm older and more lazy now). :backinmyday:

Is there a grill? Gas or charcoal? Or should I throw in my grate I use at Leaf lookers? :confused24:

Any thing you can think you may need I can fit in my trailer. We will have bag chairs also and can bring some for you and Shirley if you want to save room in your trailer.

We are more than ready to get the flock out of here!

See you SOON!!!

Bryan

I will have two cans charcoal liter fluid, butane torch so we can start the camp fire easy. (Would just do the rubbing the stick thing but I'm older and more lazy now). :backinmyday:

Is there a grill? Gas or charcoal? Or should I throw in my grate I use at Leaf lookers? :confused24:

Any thing you can think you may need I can fit in my trailer. We will have bag chairs also and can bring some for you and Shirley if you want to save room in your trailer.

We are more than ready to get the flock out of here!

See you SOON!!!

Bryan

There is a grill, We have bag chairs newspaper to start fire............oh wait you have lighter fluid never mind. As for the cabin. I am not sure how far back up the hill it is either by the pics it could be a challenge. If the directions mean anythig it says to turn on big hollow road go to the fork in the road and stay left follow around for a while and your will come to the edge of the woods turn up hill by the wired in garbage can follow up hill and you will find cabin sonner:confused24: or later.

here is a picture of the "road" to the cabin

http://www.buffalorivercabinescape.com/photos/index.album/the-road-to-relaxation?i=3

Welcome to the sticks guys, enjoy your stay in Ar.:happy34:

And don't worry about the banjo music!!!! :hurts:

yammer 2k1

Thanks Dan, and I love Banjo Music. remember I am from the southeast part of Kentucky down by Prestonsburg. I still have 55 acres there. :thumbsup2: