VentureRider.Org Jake Wilson  

Home Venture History Classifieds Links VRAwards VRPhotos VRChat VRStore Donate
Go Back   VentureRider.Org > VentureRider Vendors > VentureRider Gold Star Vendors

User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Mini Stats
Members 12,658 Entries 0
Members Entries
Threads 52,062 Reviews 0
Threads Reviews
Posts 619,957 Polls 45
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 0
Content Files
Links 64 Ads 0
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Expired Membership
Jactana has a Profile Picture

Location: Find Jactana on Google Maps! Kamloops, B.C., Canada
Default Diamond R - Outstanding!

I just ordered a set of leveling links from Diamond R, gotta a call within a day letting know me the Postage rate to Canada, and notifying my order was shipping. This is the second great experience with them, awesome. Ron

Last edited by Jactana; 01-28-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:44 AM
ADMIN - 2013 Road Glide Ultra
Freebird has a Profile Picture
Supporting Member

Thanks for posting your experience about one of our great vendors. Diamond R has always been top notch.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:24 PM
2009 RSV
Santa Hal has a Profile Picture
Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Diamond R has always been top notch to me too
Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Supporting Member
eusa1 has a Profile Picture
Supporting Member

patti is a hoot to talk to.. she sure has that southern charm!! i think i have most of their products and they are all top notch items!!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:20 AM
2007 Midnight Venture
Rick Butler has a Profile Picture
Supporting Member

Yeah,

Pattie is a real sweet heart. And speaking of leveling links, I was talking to Pattie at the Hub in Mable Falls, AR a while back. And she told me that just before they headed to Arkansas, she got a call from a RSV owner who had just bought a set and had just installed them. And he told her that DiamondR had just saved him $20,000...because he was getting ready to get rid of his Venture and buy a Harley because of the way the Venture didn't handle.

When I hear stories like this, I have to chuckle to myself. After I developed the links for myself and decided I wasn't ready to get back into the accessory business, I tried to get Allen to start producing this item and add another product to his line of accessories. But he was very sceptical and kept putting me off even after I had sent him a couple of sets and even told him I would ride down to Blum and install them for him. So I went ahead and created a set of DIY instructions (which I think are still even in our Tech Library) just to get the idea out. So after Allen told me that he needed more input and feedback from owners, I decided to have 30 sets made up by a machinist friend of mine and sold them at my cost plus shipping. At that point Allen finally installed the last set I had sent him....and he was completely amazed at the positive effect they had on the overall handling. Then we had to decided on what we could call them. Allen said we couldn't call it a "Lift Kit" like Barron did with their lowering kit, because it would be perceived negatively. So I said let's call it them Leveling Links which was the effect I was wanting to achieve with the change. I don't know how many Allen & Pattie have sold since then, but it's been a bunch. I saw a local television report on a Stars Rally, where they interviewed Allen and told them they had been really busy and was selling and installing a bunch of Leveling Links (which brought a smile to my face). So for those of you who don't know, this is the story.

But the real point is that Allen and Pattie carry a great line of products and they are some of the nicest folks (and RSV riders) that you will ever meet.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusa1 View Post
patti is a hoot to talk to.. she sure has that southern charm!! i think i have most of their products and they are all top notch items!!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Rev'n Ahead has a Profile Picture
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jactana View Post
I just ordered a set of leveling links from Diamond R, gotta a call within a day letting know me the Postage rate to Canada, and notifying my order was shipping. This is the second great experience with them, awesome. Ron
what do these links do? I looked at the pics on the Diamond R site and can not figure out what it is, where it's for ... etc?

Please explain...

thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 AM
08 Royal Star Venture
Hulk has a Profile Picture
Supporting Member

They greatly improve Low speed handling on my 2nd Gen, easier initiating turns at higher speeds and overall handlebar control. There is an increase in seat height but I didn't really notice it (being vertically challenged myself). Bought mine recently before I did The Dragon and HUGE transformation (IMHO). Diamond R are top notch in craftsmanship and service.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Desktop2.jpg (49.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Supporting Member
beltfed50 has a Profile Picture
Supporting Member

After seeing so much here about the links, I called and ordered a set for my 2011 RSV; put them on today. All I can say is what a wonderful improvement! I'm about to replace the tires so I wanted to make sure they were installed before that rather than together, so I could get a good read on just what the effect was. The result was even more noticeable 2-up and I'm a happy man.

Had put the 130/90 tire on the front of the RSTD I had, but that was far from satisfactory. Low speed handling was definitely improved, but the bike was way too twitchy at speed.

Thanks Allen and Patti!