IGNORED

back together new problem head gasket

Okay not my bike. this is a 96 RS A model (not a TD) I posted before about the blown head gasket. well over the past couple weeks dodging weather and other problems got it all apart. Did a thorough inspection, used a straight edge to check for warpage, everything looked good! Put it all back together and fired it up today. Had to pull the plugs again and blow out the cylinders and clean the plugs. Charged the battery and it fired up!! Got some minor popping! well there is no adjusting the timing on these things either its on (bike fires and doesn't shake) or its off (doesn't fire and or shakes a lot). After a few minutes the left bank was throwing white smoke with no odor. checked the pipes the front pipe is ice cold and the rear one hot. Pulled the left plugs again and the front one was still wet. cleaned it again put it back in the bike fired and well but after a few minutes the white smoke is back. and it start struggling to stay idling. I was done for the day!! So sitting thinking, internal leak from a water passage to the combustion chamber? Bad gasket, improper torque?

Head gaskets are one way fit. they can't be flipped left to right or front to rear or upside down the gaskets are asymmetrical. I did notice when I ordered the front gasket and rear gasket now carry the same part number. (they used to be two different numbers)

Any ideas, i'll start tear down again on Monday morning.

PS got two job offers today.( see my other post about being laid off) Both a few weeks out in start time. Don't know what the one is gonna pay ? The other is a 30% cut but beats hell of unemployment.