IGNORED

4 muffler mod or after market

Hoping someone can help. I have a 98 RSTC with 4 into 4 pipes. I thought the dremel trick (where you cut the pipe a few inches into the back pipe) would work but the diameter of the the 4 into 4 must be smaller than the 4 into 2 because the dremel cutting disc is too large! What other mode can I do? I only want a moderate noise increase.

It it would be good if someone could also recommend suitable aftermarket pipes for 4 into 4.

• 3 months later...

Winston66, Northampton ,Western Australia, here.

Hi tinyfox, I have just seen your post asking for info about your proposed exhaust mod.

Have you had any success with it.

I recently had to rebuild all of my four mufflers on my 1996 XVZ Royal Star, because the exhaust note was too loud for me and caused a headache on a long ride.

If you want a louder note perhaps you could try dismantling the individual mufflers and then removing some of the fiberglass filling that is wrapped around the perforated inner tube, or else just remove about the last four inches or so of the internal baffles at the exit of the mufflers.

It will be quite a bit of work to do all or any of that and if you do not have the tools or a workshop , I would think twice before attempting it.

I was happy with my rebuild and the reduction in the exhaust note but it was a lot of work and entailed a complete reconstruction of the internals of each muffler.

Cheers , Winston66, Northampton, Western Australia

Winston66, Northampton ,Western Australia, here.

Hi tinyfox, I have just seen your post asking for info about your proposed exhaust mod.

Have you had any success with it.

I recently had to rebuild all of my four mufflers on my 1996 XVZ Royal Star, because the exhaust note was too loud for me and caused a headache on a long ride.

If you want a louder note perhaps you could try dismantling the individual mufflers and then removing some of the fiberglass filling that is wrapped around the perforated inner tube, or else just remove about the last four inches or so of the internal baffles at the exit of the mufflers.

It will be quite a bit of work to do all or any of that and if you do not have the tools or a workshop , I would think twice before attempting it.

I was happy with my rebuild and the reduction in the exhaust note but it was a lot of work and entailed a complete reconstruction of the internals of each muffler.

Cheers , Winston66, Northampton, Western Australia