IGNORED

2nd Gen Rear Shock

Riderduke

Agreed the numbers are different, the 3 code identifier, first 3 numbers is for the bike model they are different, but the main body of the number 22210 is the same, the remaining 4 digits I believe refer to revision numbers, the 06 version of the Venture shock is an 01, because it is revised from the original design from 1999.

All of that said, the TD and the Venture are essentially identical when it comes to the frame and the power plant / transmission, so I would say yes they are interchangeable, the pictures look the same in the ilustrated parts break down. If the one if free what do you have to lose, if you get the one out and it does not match the free one, give it back and buy one that fits.

Agreed the numbers are different, the 3 code identifier, first 3 numbers is for the bike model they are different, but the main body of the number 22210 is the same, the remaining 4 digits I believe refer to revision numbers, the 06 version of the Venture shock is an 01, because it is revised from the original design from 1999.

All of that said, the TD and the Venture are essentially identical when it comes to the frame and the power plant / transmission, so I would say yes they are interchangeable, the pictures look the same in the ilustrated parts break down. If the one if free what do you have to lose, if you get the one out and it does not match the free one, give it back and buy one that fits.

Thanks for the reply..... I'll try it