IGNORED

Picked up some accessories for the wing

JDaniel

Bought a luggage rack ....................

I would strongly suggest you install larger diameter flat washers on both sides (top & bottom sides) of the trunk lid in place of those that come with the luggage rack to avoid the lid from cracking.

You can also purchase larger flat rubber washers too match the size of larger flat washers you choose.

The larger washers, once installed, will provide the much needed added support and your trunk lid will live a happy life without cracks.......

Cracked trunk lids on GW's are a well known problem caused by the luggage racks.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth

Eck

There are sooo many 'Wing accessories out there they have accessories for the accessories!!

Goldwing's do have many accessories, but Honda isn't even close to Harley's one stop shopping. If you want a Goldwing part you most always have to order that part on line.

You can stop in at most any Harley dealer and purchase anything you may ever need or want.

QUOTE=JDaniel;874779]Eck I have seen online where they have had issues with trunk lids cracking. I am going to hold off on installing the trunk rack. May return it and purchase molding lights for the trunk instead.

That is why I wanted to caution you on it. I have one on my wing. My trunk lid cracked around one of the mounts. I used my rack as a trunk lid handle...dumb..

If you do not think you will use the rack, I would take it back.

Now for the molding lights: Another word of caution...

Keep reading about the wings and you will see that many of those have burnt out a light here or there and you can not replace the burnt out light bulbs in them...Once a light bulb burns out, that is the way it is. I have seen many wings with burnt out molding lights. The Kury lights are the most common to burn out from what I have read. I myself was going to install the same molding lights but decided not to because of this.

The only accessories I have on my wing are: Foot rests/pegs, back rest with pouch, belly pan, arm rests, trailer hitch, extra fuse box under seat, MP3 player in trunk, 12 volt plug to charge cell phone and charge battery in left rear glove box and padded & beaded seat covers. And a set of my Eck-stend-a-grips..

I have looked at many accessories but I really don't need or want anything else for my wing but more gas, tires and several more oil & filter changes.....