IGNORED

Lens replacement ideas for 1986 light bar bumper?

Hello guys,

I'm attempting to restore a 1986 Venture Royal that has the "Optional Yamaha Light bar" (as stated in the yamaha propaganda sales brochure). It is the one with the 10 red plastic lense covers. My lenses are so old, faded, brittle and downright fragile that simply removing them to replace the bulbs is like doing brain surgery and always results in breakage no matter how carefully I'am. Plus they look like they have been through a war.

I would assume I'm not the only person who has experienced this and I was wondering if anyone has found a replacement or maybe come up with a alternative way to fix or replace these with something else....maybe found a similar sized red LED lighted reflector?

I really like the look of this light bar bumper so I would love to find an alternative to make it pretty and useful again, rather then put on the boring stock non-lighted one which I have sitting on my work bench. Plus you can never have too many lights on the back!

Thanks in advance, any feedback or ideas are much appreciated.

IMG_3571.JPG

I just bought some through Amazon.com. I counted the little squares you see cast into the plastic, on mine there were 9 across the width, then I counted them in the pictures shown on Amazon AND compared the measurements. The ones that Drag Specialties package DO NOT come with new screws btw.

Edited by dna9656

Thanks Doug, with the high cost of shipping to Canada I'm always worried about buying the wrong part and then having the pleasure of paying for shipping AGAIN to return the item.

Do you happen to have a link for the ones on Amazon that you purchased?

I agree, our American brothers and sisters have it so good when it comes to online shopping and cost effective delivery options!

But, the wife and I have a winter vacation home in Arizona, so I sometimes have things delivered down there to keep costs down. As long as it fits in my suitcase, we are good to go.

I can never get most of Amazon to ship into Canada....:(