IGNORED

Adding a radio to a 1st gen venture?

bonedizzle

Has anyone added a radio and speakers to a 1st gen venture? I have a regular venture, not the royale. Has anyone here done this before?

Could I just run a switched power source to an outdoor radio and then run the speaker wires to some marine speakers? I would obviously have to make mounts for them, but that means simple enough. I am not the best at electrical engineering, but if someone tells me what I need to do I can do the work.

This would mostly be for MP3 stuff, so that would simplify the install without an antenna.

Can it just be done like this:

power to switch

switch to radio

radio to speakers with speaker wire?

Has anyone added a radio and speakers to a 1st gen venture? I have a regular venture, not the royale. Has anyone here done this before?

Could I just run a switched power source to an outdoor radio and then run the speaker wires to some marine speakers? I would obviously have to make mounts for them, but that means simple enough. I am not the best at electrical engineering, but if someone tells me what I need to do I can do the work.

This would mostly be for MP3 stuff, so that would simplify the install without an antenna.

Can it just be done like this:

power to switch

switch to radio

radio to speakers with speaker wire?

Yes, but I would use the 'ACC' (accessories) circuit, so that power goes off and on with the ignition key switch.

Any 12 volt radio of your choice will work. A marine radio would be better.

A four inch speaker (again marine is best) will bolt right into the stock speaker location.

Mounting the radio into the left fairing pocket will probably consume most of your time and McGivering. Back in the day, Cycle Sound made a radio mount specifically for the First Gen Ventures. I had one. Check around on eBay, maybe there will be someone there parting out a Standard Venture with a radio.

I am not familiar with what you are working with. but I mounted one of these up on my Kawasaki 900 with a reckless fairing. They are about the size of a credit card (face size) and maybe 1" deep. Some kits if you look come with speakers, although the ones that came with mine were pretty tinny sounding. I used ear buds most of the time. I did mount up some 4" sony speakers in my fairing as I ha room. If you look in the "motorcycle radio" or similar area on e-bay there is all kinds of stuff available.. I had a 200w amp also I put on mine and could plug in SD cards and it helped power the bigger speakers. that might be the one draw back on this little radio is it wont power like 6x9' or something like that.

$_14.JPGm5juXBRCWUtQ-eQqbe5Zn_A.jpgDifferent unit, has alarm and SD card slots. then there is this unit. An AMP with FM capabilities. The amp is very sisimilaro what I had.

If you are going to do mp3 there is no reason to go through the trouble of putting in a whole audio system(radio,speakers etc. Just load up your favorite songs on your mp3,find a comfortable set of earbuds and enjoy. If you want to beable to charge your unit then there are plenty of power ports out there that will take a usb cord. As Prairiehammer said use the accessory terminal at the top of the fuse box under the fake tank cover.

• 3 months later...