IGNORED

Seeking 1983-1993 VIN for a comprehensive database

Considering purchase of 3 Ventures as a package

JYA41W003EA000167

JYA41W008EA000391 I believe these are Canadian, mfg 10/83

JYA31M00XDA001699 I believe this is an American unit, mfg 3/83

Can you confirm/interpret these serial numbers for me.

Thanks Dave

Mileage: 140650km and counting! (87395 miles)

VIN: JYA1UMN08LA008107

Mft date: 12/89

This is one amazing bike backed by an even more amazing online community!bc9ef52ca90b9ffd99de5749aabefdd6.jpg6ac4619f51e25851d6750d8248de2d9e.jpgb9a08701cb30adff8e2cee69d13e8dc8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by suds

Thanks for the VINs, Dave.

You are correct, the 41W are both 1984 Canadian Royales. And the 31M is a 1983 US Royale.

What color are the Canadian '84s?

Mileage?

Is the build date on the 41W----167, October 1983, too?

Both 41w are 10/83, 391 - blue 47,200 kms no title, 167 - red 68,500 kms has title

31m - yellow licenced 63,000 miles

info from seller I have not seen but I think I'm going to pass based on mileage.

My 79 XS750SF is just approaching 30,000 kms. People keep telling me it sounds like its only running on 3 cylinders!!

Dave

• 1 month later...
For several years I have been compiling First Generation Venture VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). I've entered the accumulated VIN into an Excel database. It is rather an OCD thing I suppose, however, the database has proven useful to me and other Venture owners by providing some insight into such Yamaha vagaries as annual production numbers, export market differences and accurate model designations for the purpose of obtaining the correct parts for a specific motorcycle.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to forward me your Venture's full VIN, the manufacturing date and the Venture's current mileage, so that I may enter it into the database?

The VIN is located at two locations on the First Generation Ventures. The VIN is stamped into the frame at the steering neck, but that location makes it difficult to read the VIN on the Venture. However, there is also an applied white label on the lower frame rail beneath the rear brake pedal, that contains the VIN. The VIN is easily read there. The VIN consists of 17 characters and digits and starts with 'JYA'. On the same label, the manufacturing date is shown. The manufacturing date is formatted as month/year, i.e.: '4/83', '8/87', etc.

I will send you a copy of this database if you wish. If you want a copy, include an email address where I can send the Excel file.

Thank you for your consideration.

1989 VR; 210 miles JYA1NLE02KA028388 Purchased from K & N Kawasaki, Inc Sept 10,`1990 Crossing Road, Little, NY 13087. Motorcycle has been sitting up since Sept 1990. Currently being renovated by a mechanic. Hope to ride the VR before Christmas. I am the second owner. 1st owner lived in Newark Valley, NY 13811

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Been meaning to give you this for a while

my 83

36,400 miles

1/83

JYA26H004DA000441

Love any info you might be able to share about mine.

Thanks

Thanks for your VIN contribution, Paul. Unfortunately, I have no further information about your Venture. Yours is the first submission to the database for this bike.

• 3 weeks later...
Please help me can't get insurance or registration because my vin is to short :( http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113745http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113746http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113745 also guy I bought it from listed it as an 82 that's also what he wrote on the bill of sale???

Allen, your multiple photos are not in focus, but I THINK your VIN is 31H 000506?

If so, your Venture is a 1983 XVZ12TK (Standard, non Royale Venture) intended for Canada.

I've seen several examples of your "too short" VIN, all were originally registered in Canada.

The 17 character VIN that your insurance company and registration entity seemingly requires, was not universally adopted by all countries in early (January?) 1983 when your Venture was built. It IS a valid VIN, though.

Prairiehammer : Can Your data be shared ? Is It in the Form somewhere or can You e-mail It ? Can shot to Me at : brookdale@brooking.net

Take Care

Sure I am willing to share. The database is a MS Excel spreadsheet. I am unable to upload that kind of file to the forum, but I will send you a copy via your email.

EDIT: I just tried to email you the database at the above address and it came back as undeliverable: "no such address".

Edited by Prairiehammer

Sure I am willing to share. The database is a MS Excel spreadsheet. I am unable to upload that kind of file to the forum, but I will send you a copy via your email.

EDIT: I just tried to email you the database at the above address and it came back as undeliverable: "no such address".

Kevin,

I can add the excel file type to the allowed files. It just depends upon how large it is though. If it's not too big, let me know and I'll add that extension type. Also, they use a couple different extensions so let me know which one it is.

Allen, your multiple photos are not in focus, but I THINK your VIN is 31H 000506?

If so, your Venture is a 1983 XVZ12TK (Standard, non Royale Venture) intended for Canada.

I've seen several examples of your "too short" VIN, all were originally registered in Canada.

The 17 character VIN that your insurance company and registration entity seemingly requires, was not universally adopted by all countries in early (January?) 1983 when your Venture was built. It IS a valid VIN, though.

Sorry about crap pictures it's actually 81H-000506 if you want it for your records, got it insured as an 82 though cause that's what bill of sale said ... sigh oh well it's done anyway, now just stupid registration they didn't like the chicken scratch bill of sale so I have to get seller to mail me 1!

Edited by Harddrv1

Kevin,

I can add the excel file type to the allowed files. It just depends upon how large it is though. If it's not too big, let me know and I'll add that extension type. Also, they use a couple different extensions so let me know which one it is.

Thanks, Don.

Currently the file is about 118Kb with ".xlsx" as the extension.

Perhaps when I upload it, you could make it a "sticky", although it is a file in constant flux, ie: I am always updating it.

Edited by Prairiehammer