IGNORED

Alarm / Ignition / Electrical Fault - 2002 Royal Star

Hi all

Newbee here...need some helpful advice from anyone with experiences of non start through electrical malfunction. Bike's alarm would not deactivate for me to start machine. Replaced alarm fob batts, no joy, new main battery, no joy. Bike is in mates garage now stripped down as I asked him to take alarm off of bike, he's tried to bypass alarm but still cannot get a spark. Any ideas please ?

Thanks in advance

This bike does not come with an alarm, so who knows what butchery was done to the bike when it was added? Unfortunately, all of our knowledge about the RSV may not be of much help to you, since we will be just shooting in the dark. You will need to give us much more information about the problem. Do the other electrical parts of the machine work? What dash lights come on when you turn on the key? What happens when you hit the starter - any dash lights change?

Do be aware that this bike has both neutral and side-stand interlocks that will affect starting. Also be certain that the kill switch is not in the kill position.

Lots of information on interlock problems in older threads on this site. The shop manual available in the tech library has the schematics that will be necessary for you to be sure the bike is put back together in original condition without alarm. Good luck,

Goose

Yea the whole "alarm" thing threw me off. On a Delphi board for the RSV w had a fellow with a trike conversion. He was having issues with some stuff and the same suggestion came back basicly. Go to the point of modification, remove it and put back to OEM. then troubleshoot the writing of the ad on. It could be the "brain box" for that took a crap. I would hope that what ever alarm stuff was added it was with plug in type connectors.

Yea the whole "alarm" thing threw me off. On a Delphi board for the RSV w had a fellow with a trike conversion. He was having issues with some stuff and the same suggestion came back basicly. Go to the point of modification, remove it and put back to OEM. then troubleshoot the writing of the ad on. It could be the "brain box" for that took a crap. I would hope that what ever alarm stuff was added it was with plug in type connectors.

That was John's trike, he's a VR member too and had a post in the trike section about his alarm problems. Probably close to last fall or longer ago. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2